Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just bought a cycle

Just bought a cycle

Old Jul 15th 2006, 2:37 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just bought a cycle

Have just bought a cyce "Yukon" to take my 2 3/4 yr old daughter cycling with me

Any body know of any good bike rides for us to take her on?

Easy gradient would be appreciated as I'm not as fit as I used to be
Old Jul 15th 2006, 3:17 am

Vanessa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just bought a cycle

Originally Posted by thebears
Have just bought a cyce "Yukon" to take my 2 3/4 yr old daughter cycling with me

What type of bike is it? Mountain, road or hybrid?

You can't go wrong on the Beach Road - has a bike path for those who don't want to go on the road and pretty flat. There are load of rides for mountain bikes and you could start here: http://www.bv.com.au/index.php
Old Jul 15th 2006, 3:19 am
Melbourne Australia

thebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond reputethebears has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vanessa
What type of bike is it? Mountain, road or hybrid?

You can't go wrong on the Beach Road - has a bike path for those who don't want to go on the road and pretty flat. There are load of rides for mountain bikes and you could start here: http://www.bv.com.au/index.php
Its a mountain bike, thanks for the link.
Old Jul 15th 2006, 3:28 am

Its a mountain bike, thanks for the link.
so now you have a bike you can join us for the Around The Bay in October on Sunday 15th October
Old Jul 15th 2006, 3:34 am
Melbourne Australia

so now you have a bike you can join us for the Around The Bay in October on Sunday 15th October
Yes that sounds a great idea now just have to teach E to ride Then we can get her a bike as well
Old Jul 15th 2006, 3:57 am
Account Closed

MartinLuther is an unknown quantity at this point

Put 'Rail Trail Victoria' into Google and see what it comes up with.

Old Jul 15th 2006, 8:18 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

There's a cycle path along the Yarra. It goes for miles and is easy terrain. From the city it's on the south side of the river. I love the bit around Yarra Bend (Studley Park).
Old Jul 15th 2006, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

HiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond reputeHiddenPaw has a reputation beyond repute

You're brave!! I marshalled Around The Bay for BV in 2002 and in 2003 I was pregnant so I never got to do it. Which direction are you going in?
Old Jul 15th 2006, 8:27 am
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Melbourn to Brisbane doesn't sound to hard...

ZX....
Old Jul 15th 2006, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Melbourn to Brisbane doesn't sound to hard...

ZX....
I saw a guy cycling on the Stuart Highway on a Penny Farthing. He was on his way from Adelaide to Darwin....3000km on a Penny Farthing!
Old Jul 15th 2006, 11:36 pm

Originally Posted by HiddenPaw
You're brave!! I marshalled Around The Bay for BV in 2002 and in 2003 I was pregnant so I never got to do it. Which direction are you going in?
I think we are going to go west first and save the nicest scenery for when we are tired - also a couple of the woman I am doing it with have houses in Portsea so if we wanted to, we could stop there for a cup of tea or two
Old Jul 16th 2006, 3:03 am
Melbourne Australia

I think we are going to go west first and save the nicest scenery for when we are tired - also a couple of the woman I am doing it with have houses in Portsea so if we wanted to, we could stop there for a cup of tea or two
This sounds very civilised How long does the West sector take? (do many people do it with kids on the back? (and wife in support car?)
Old Jul 16th 2006, 3:11 am

This sounds very civilised How long does the West sector take? (do many people do it with kids on the back? (and wife in support car?)
I am not sure how long the West would take but considerably longer with a towbar on!! The whole ride is 210K so west side about half of that, give or take a few ks.
Old Jul 16th 2006, 3:13 am
Melbourne Australia

I am not sure how long the West would take but considerably longer with a towbar on!! The whole ride is 210K so west side about half of that, give or take a few ks.
About 5 hours then
Old Jul 16th 2006, 3:15 am

About 5 hours then
So you were the one seen on the Penny Farthing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.