Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just booked flights back to the UK for Christmas

Just booked flights back to the UK for Christmas

Old Sep 23rd 2004, 12:24 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just booked flights back to the UK for Christmas

For me, the wife and 3 chimps and it ONLY cost me $11,200 :scared: :scared:
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 12:28 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just booked flights back to the UK for Christmas

What date are you flying? I know flying out of the UK that prices rise sharply around 10 December, wondered if same from this end.
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 12:45 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jayr
What date are you flying? I know flying out of the UK that prices rise sharply around 10 December, wondered if same from this end.
December 18th
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 12:59 am
Karma Comedian

jayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond reputejayr has a reputation beyond repute

Bring me back some Paxo...and some naan bread.
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 1:37 am
Forum Regular

lock collector is a jewel in the roughlock collector is a jewel in the roughlock collector is a jewel in the roughlock collector is a jewel in the rough

I crave Sorreen ' Malt Loaf " you know the black stuff that you have with butter thick enough to choke a dog .....

Paul
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 1:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

jad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond reputejad n rich has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
For me, the wife and 3 chimps and it ONLY cost me $11,200
Very affordable isnt it

My wife will read this post tonight tho and I'll still get an earful about sweltering temps and plastic trees
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 1:46 am
Karma Comedian

Originally Posted by lock collector
I crave Sorreen ' Malt Loaf " you know the black stuff that you have with butter thick enough to choke a dog .....

Paul

Where do you live? They have it in the Treats From Home shop in Sydney for $6.50

http://www.treatsfromhome.com.au/OrderForm.xls
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 1:57 am
Forum Regular

lock collector is a jewel in the roughlock collector is a jewel in the roughlock collector is a jewel in the roughlock collector is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by jayr
Where do you live? They have it in the Treats From Home shop in Sydney for $6.50

http://www.treatsfromhome.com.au/OrderForm.xls
WOW ! Pity we are in Adelaide

Might have to order some by post ...

Paul
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 2:01 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
For me, the wife and 3 chimps and it ONLY cost me $11,200 :scared: :scared:
Who are you flying with - did the kids get a discount for being under 12?

As my two are over 12 now I have to pay full fare, so we are being reduced to going back one at a time. Best Fare I got recently was $1800 but that is flying Easter next year, Christmas and UK Summer from here seem to be the most expensive.

Are you having a long Christmas back or is the 12K for a couple of weeks - ouch?

Enjoy
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 2:29 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by Sandra
Who are you flying with - did the kids get a discount for being under 12?

Are you having a long Christmas back or is the 12K for a couple of weeks - ouch?

Enjoy
Thanks.

We are going Singapore Airlines and staying for 3 weeks. There is a small discount for the kids, but it's not much.
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 7:10 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Hope you have a good time, it will be nice to see everyone wont it.
We have booked for 2 weeks, but we are heading north, to Shark bay leave boxing day, struggling with somewhere to stay enroute though, everywhere is booked solid. Not due to arrive there till the 27th but wanted to break the trip up. Any hotel or motel suggestions would be good if anyone knows of any.
Joanne
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 7:48 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by jopaulss
Hope you have a good time, it will be nice to see everyone wont it.
We have booked for 2 weeks, but we are heading north, to Shark bay leave boxing day, struggling with somewhere to stay enroute though, everywhere is booked solid. Not due to arrive there till the 27th but wanted to break the trip up. Any hotel or motel suggestions would be good if anyone knows of any.
Joanne
Nice one. I'm heading up to Kalbarri this weekend and am going to pop up to Shak Bay for a night too.

You should be able to do Shark Bay in a day, but failing that you could go to Kalbarri for a stop over. It's on a bit of a dog leg though so you do add a few Ks to the journey.
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 8:21 am
BE Forum Addict

jopaulss will become famous soon enoughjopaulss will become famous soon enough

Yeah we had thought of trying to do it in a day, how long do you reckon it would take 9 hours or so?
Cant wait to chill and do a spot of fishing
Joanne
Old Sep 23rd 2004, 8:30 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by jopaulss
Yeah we had thought of trying to do it in a day, how long do you reckon it would take 9 hours or so?
Cant wait to chill and do a spot of fishing
Joanne
About that - it's 830K