Just bloody typical

Old Aug 7th 2003, 2:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

sundarize is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just bloody typical

Flights booked for 31st August

Removals booked for 28th August

Completion on house sale 29th August

Found out today...... the f**king buyer has pulled out !

I HATE THIS SHIT HOLE COUNTRY
Old Aug 7th 2003, 2:19 pm
Hussy

mika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of lightmika24me is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Just bloody typical

Oh no, you must be devastated!

Are you able to negotiate a payment holiday on your mortgage so that at least you will not have to make your monthly payments if the house sells after you leave?

Mel
Old Aug 7th 2003, 2:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sundarize

The fact that you have a completion date means that you must certainly have exchanged contracts. You can sue the bastard. The money you get (approx 5-10% of purchase price) will cover your expenses. It's not that bad.
Old Aug 7th 2003, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

salonit is on a distinguished road

SUE THE BUYER WHAT AN ABSOLUTE IDIOT! WHAT THE EXCUSE? cant wait to get to oz - when u shake hands the house is sold and none of this Bulls**** with months to completion!
Old Aug 7th 2003, 2:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

sundarize is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by etlniwd
The fact that you have a completion date means that you must certainly have exchanged contracts. You can sue the bastard. The money you get (approx 5-10% of purchase price) will cover your expenses. It's not that bad.

Oh but it is that bad.

We dropped £9000 off the already discounted price because the guy has a bridging loan. We agreed the completion date at the outset. He was due to sign and exchange today.
Old Aug 7th 2003, 2:32 pm
gOD
Forum Regular

gOD is an unknown quantity at this point

You get arseholes everywhere..
Old Aug 7th 2003, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh but it is that bad.

We agreed the completion date at the outset.
Sounds like you didn't 'agree' anything otherwise you could sue the pants off him.

You have my sympathy. It's a horrible mess to be left in but why did you book the flights and removals when you had no contract ? Surely that was asking for trouble.
Old Aug 7th 2003, 3:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Jolyn is an unknown quantity at this point

So sorry to hear. Just when you think you have everything all organised. Hope you can get the flights cancelled/changed without being too much out of pocket. Same for movers.

There's a chance our buyer might pull out too. Just spoke to him today - he said he was having 'relationship problems'. Suspect that might mean splitting up with the girlfriend and no longer need a house.

You've convinced me that we're right not to book anything yet despite hearing that all the flights are booked up. The day when/if we exchange I'll book right away.

Once you can face the market again - the good news is that prices have stabilised. Who knows - you might even get more money? Here's hoping for you.

We've agreed with our buyer (and will do with the next one too) a six week completion after exchange. Time enough to book everything up when they've signed on the dotted line. Maybe you could get that next time?

Lots of sympathy ,

Jo
Old Aug 7th 2003, 3:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Strewth, you must be gutted, do you have a cat you can kick? I'm so glad i have never got into the housing market in England, things were so straight forward in Scotland. Got my fingers crossed that something comes up for you.

Lynn
Old Aug 7th 2003, 3:50 pm
Forum Regular

wolfens_wife is an unknown quantity at this point

So sorry mate.

If you got his address, order a tonne of cement to be placed at the end of his drive!!!!
Old Aug 7th 2003, 4:23 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by wolfens_wife
So sorry mate.

If you got his address, order a tonne of cement to be placed at the end of his drive!!!!
Very hard luck mate. (Alternatively a ton of something more biodegradable?)
Old Aug 7th 2003, 4:25 pm
BE Forum Addict

footie chick is an unknown quantity at this point

Sorry on hearing your crap news. Some people are w*****s.

Hope it all works out

footie chick x
Old Aug 7th 2003, 4:33 pm
over the cuckoo's nest

Slater will become famous soon enoughSlater will become famous soon enough

Originally posted by wolfens_wife
So sorry mate.

Anyone emigrating would be wise not to tell Agents or potential buyers as this gives them a lot of last minute leverage.

A bucket of cement in his manhole, in a couple of days he'll be getting some of his own shit!!!!!!!!!!

Slater
Old Aug 7th 2003, 4:45 pm
High in the Dandenongs

hevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond reputehevs has a reputation beyond repute

[A bucket of cement in his manhole, in a couple of days he'll be getting some of his own shit!!!!!!!!!!

Slater [/QUOTE]

PMSL!! (at slater)

Our buyer pulled out, but only after a week, you must be soooo gutted. Hope you get another buyer soon[PHP]
Old Aug 7th 2003, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

tinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud oftinaj has much to be proud of

B****Y awful news - I think this is what we all dread the most.

I am sure it will work out for you in the end. Would you be able to go and leave the house unsold? Someone else suggested a payment holiday or if you have an endowment mortgage you can always stop paying that and just pay the interest.

Sorry it has happened to you, but at least it will teach the rest of us a lesson. I am defo going to wait until we exchange to book flights etc now.

I hope it all looks a bit better for you tomorrow.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.