Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just been to see a mortgage advisor in Perth how does this offer sound

Just been to see a mortgage advisor in Perth how does this offer sound

Old Oct 17th 2005, 11:58 am
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all
Default Just been to see a mortgage advisor in Perth how does this offer sound

Hi all,

Can anyone who has recently took out a mortgage tell me what sort of deal they got.

Spoke to a nice guy today who has been recommended to us.I,m going to be a subbie here and he reckons i,ll need a low doc loan as i will have now accounts as i,ve just arrived.Anyway the rate he said i was looking at was 7.24% i think i could push him down as we are putting about 75% of the cost of the property down.

Does this rate seem to be the norm or is being a subbie affecting my rate offer?

cheers dave

ps.the deal is variable can you get fixed terms thats the one question i did,nt ask.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 2:27 pm
Account Closed

Hels is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Just been to see a mortgage advisor in Perth how does this offer sound

Originally Posted by chippy dave
Hi all,

Can anyone who has recently took out a mortgage tell me what sort of deal they got.

Spoke to a nice guy today who has been recommended to us.I,m going to be a subbie here and he reckons i,ll need a low doc loan as i will have now accounts as i,ve just arrived.Anyway the rate he said i was looking at was 7.24% i think i could push him down as we are putting about 75% of the cost of the property down.

Does this rate seem to be the norm or is being a subbie affecting my rate offer?

cheers dave

ps.the deal is variable can you get fixed terms thats the one question i did,nt ask.

Which bank was that through?

We got a mortgage just about a month ago with Bank West and it was the cheapest we found at about 6.75 I think. Thats variable and we had about a 40% deposit. We can also make bigger repayments which we can then draw on the amounts over their set payments if we ever need to....
Old Oct 17th 2005, 2:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

chippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to allchippy dave is a name known to all
Default Re: Just been to see a mortgage advisor in Perth how does this offer sound

Originally Posted by Hels
Which bank was that through?

We got a mortgage just about a month ago with Bank West and it was the cheapest we found at about 6.75 I think. Thats variable and we had about a 40% deposit. We can also make bigger repayments which we can then draw on the amounts over their set payments if we ever need to....

I,m pretty sure it was bank wast who the broker mentioned.He said as i was going to be self employed i would have to have the higher rate.They will give me a mortgage as long as i,ve worked one day in Australia.As i,m putting a high % of the total cost i did say i would be seeing other brokers to keep my options open it was soon after that he said i,ll get my best offer on the table for you within two days.So thats why i wondered if the rate was high.

cheers for the reply dave
Old Oct 17th 2005, 2:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry meant to ask hels was that a low doc loan due to self employment?
Old Oct 17th 2005, 3:11 pm
Account Closed

Sorry meant to ask hels was that a low doc loan due to self employment?

Ahhhh no. Just a normal mortgage because Hubby and I are both employed.

Which broker did you go through? We used Mortgage choice...
Old Oct 17th 2005, 3:12 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Can't help you on this one Dave but think you ought to change your location on your profile from Manchester!
Old Oct 17th 2005, 3:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Hels
Ahhhh no. Just a normal mortgage because Hubby and I are both employed.

Which broker did you go through? We used Mortgage choice...

Yeh it was mortgage choice who i delt with he seemed ok and the guy has been recommended.How did you find their service from start to finish?
Old Oct 17th 2005, 3:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SunshineGirl
Can't help you on this one Dave but think you ought to change your location on your profile from Manchester!

Your right but i just can,t let go of my home town
Old Oct 17th 2005, 3:28 pm
Account Closed

Yeh it was mortgage choice who i delt with he seemed ok and the guy has been recommended.How did you find their service from start to finish?

The guy here in Bendigo was fantastic. Didnt have a single hassle with him at all.

He set everything up including 1st Homeowners Grant and as we were still waiting for our money from the UK he arranged a Deposit bond for us also.

My sister is now thinking of going to him to re mortgage their house....

But I guess the service and vary from broker to broker....but I would hope that there would be even a little bit of consistency...

Good luck with your mortgage
Old Oct 17th 2005, 5:13 pm
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Your right but i just can,t let go of my home town
Oh yes you can! We're only a couple of miles away and about to do the same thing!

Just be brave ...
Old Oct 18th 2005, 6:30 am
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Try
[email protected]

Drop her an email........she arranged both mine and Larissas mortgage.......tell her I sent you. She can probably beat that interest rate!! Good Luck
Old Oct 18th 2005, 6:59 am
joveazey

Smile Re: Just been to see a mortgage advisor in Perth how does this offer sound

Hi,

We used a nice man called David from the Mortgage Gallery, the rate is 6.76%. We only wanted to borrow $25k and most of them only lend a min of $50k so we borrowed $50k and then as soon as it was in the bank we got the loan a/c no. and transferred it back. It's called a Plain and Simple Home Loan and it's with Homeside Lending who are a division of National Australia Bank. Tel no. is 132218. They have been really helpful, recently we decided to get married and needed to borrow some more back of the $25k we had paid back, no probs, just phoned up and they sent out a form to sign and then transferred it back into our current account. The repayments on $50k are $82 per week. We are still paying that amount even though we have only borrowed a total of $35k now. This means that the loan will be paid off in 13 years instead of 30. We can pay lump sums back whenever we want as well so it's really flexible.

Hope this helps

Jo

Old Oct 18th 2005, 7:01 am
joveazey

Forgot to say, they also sorted out the first homeowners grant and it just all got paid to the settlement agent at the same time.

Jo

Old Oct 18th 2005, 8:24 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

I reckon that's good for a low doc loan, my parents got 8.something %!!!
That was with Bluestone mortgages, and via a broker.
I reckon they got ripped off, even if it is low doc, but my dad insists they couldn't get anything better....

We are getting 6.49% for our normal mortgage(fixed for 3 years) with ING. I just faxed everything off to Sydney today (I'm dealing with them direct, haven't even spoken to a mortgage broker, ha ha!) We can make extra repayments, switch loans(costs about $150), switch houses.We're not paying any application fee, or valutation fee. Only paying $2000 in total for fees, and that's including termite inspection, settlement agency, solicitor and stamp duty!

Good luck, low doc is way different than normal, so there's not really any point to us telling you about our normal ones.
Also, check out www.infochoice.com.au
Really good for comparing mortgages, even low doc ones.
Old Oct 18th 2005, 11:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Hi guys,

Just to finish.I have had a call today from the advisor who has got me the deal i wanted as long as an accountant will provide me with an amount of money i am expected to earn per annum (projection forcast in the UK).It is with ANZ and i get 6.75% and that can also be fixed.

A good deal i,m happy with that as i,ve not earned a cent yet in this Country.

My advice for what it,s worth don,t be happy with the first deal in frint of you and make the advisor aware that you will be checking with others for a better deal.

cheers for the replies dave

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.