Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just been to Coles

Wikiposts

Just been to Coles

Old Dec 22nd 2005, 10:11 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just been to Coles

Originally Posted by DollyDaydream
We nearly had to buy another suitcase to transport home all the green Coles bags we bought whilst we were over there (as a family, we're easily pleased!!!)

D D xx
Haven't bought one of those yet
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 10:16 am
Banned

Linda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of lightLinda Lushardi is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by fraser
Haven't bought one of those yet

hey.. instead of being bored go down to Coles and get that lemon sorbet Dont let the kids have any as its too good to waste
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 10:21 am

fraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond reputefraser has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Linda Lushardi
hey.. instead of being bored go down to Coles and get that lemon sorbet Dont let the kids have any as its too good to waste
They've got no chance too small to reach the freezer part of our six foot high empty monster fridge
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 10:30 am
BE Forum Addict

mand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond reputemand8002 has a reputation beyond repute

Being back in the UK for Christmas I had to face Morrisons today. I struggled to get a parking spot and then I ended up leaving my daughter in a queue with the trolley while I dashed round getting things. We queued in the checkout queue for about 40mins. It was an absolute nightmare. Have to face M&S on Christmas Eve too to pick up the turkey.
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 11:15 am
ABCDiamond

Originally Posted by mand8002
Being back in the UK for Christmas I had to face Morrisons today. I struggled to get a parking spot and then I ended up leaving my daughter in a queue with the trolley while I dashed round getting things. We queued in the checkout queue for about 40mins. It was an absolute nightmare. Have to face M&S on Christmas Eve too to pick up the turkey.
It's so easy how you get used to things, but difficult when you change back.

Where I am, we seem oversupplied with shops, so queues are not very big, most of the time. The other day I was in K-Mart, about to get something, but noticed the queues were about 4 or 5 deep, so I decided to come back another day !! I've got so used to what we have here, that waiting for even 5 minutes would be a major incident to me now.

However...... I do believe that this Saturday (tomorrow) will be somewhat crowded in the shops

Old Dec 22nd 2005, 12:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

pootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant futurepootle26 has a brilliant future

hi all
we did our food shopping last night - thursday - i was dreading it as i thought it would be somewhat busy at 5pm only a few days before xmas - it was emptier than it normally is!!! we finished our shopping & wandered our way to the checkouts with our 2 trolleys - there were 4 checkouts open & each person was serving a person, when i joined the queue the lady shouted for someone to open a checkout as there was a queue 2 deep :scared:

the kids loaded all the shopping onto the belt - the checkout guy packed the bags, the kids loaded the bags into the 3 trolleys (thanks to the kids loading ) & pushed them outside!!
so chilled out
we decided to stop & have subway for tea - now dont even get me started on how looooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnng the queue was in there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BLISS!!

ttfn

pootle26
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

I have just been to Coles to get the food and it was wonderful. The town in general was as busy as a usual Saturday morning and the car parks were reasonably full but there were no queues and everything was so easy. I was expecting the worst after terrible shopping experiences in the UK at this time of year but I could seriously get used to this. Only got to go off out to get the booze now and wrapping paper (we have been so laid back about it all we have forgotten to get paper to wrap the pressies ).
Have a good Christmas everyone we are off out for a meal tonight to start the holiday off right.
Nicky
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by NickyP
I have just been to Coles to get the food and it was wonderful. The town in general was as busy as a usual Saturday morning and the car parks were reasonably full but there were no queues and everything was so easy. I was expecting the worst after terrible shopping experiences in the UK at this time of year but I could seriously get used to this. Only got to go off out to get the booze now and wrapping paper (we have been so laid back about it all we have forgotten to get paper to wrap the pressies ).
Have a good Christmas everyone we are off out for a meal tonight to start the holiday off right.
Nicky
You do know it's friday

Last edited by fraser; Dec 22nd 2005 at 3:39 pm.
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 3:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

You do no it's friday

we did our shop at tescos, it wasn't too bad and I managed to make a few friends whilst standing in the queue Easily pleased
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by glittababe
we did our shop at tescos, it wasn't too bad and I managed to make a few friends whilst standing in the queue Easily pleased
Did you have you bikini on, that would attract new friends
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 3:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

NickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond reputeNickyP has a reputation beyond repute

You do no it's friday
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 5:08 pm

chatty34 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DebraH
that wouldn't be the one in hayes would it?, if so that's why I won't go it's a nightmare

LOL, yep the exact one. Bulls Bridge.
Tried the next day too and it was still a no go.
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 7:42 pm
Victorian Evangelist

Buzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond reputeBuzzy--Bee has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Just been to Coles

Originally Posted by chattyshazza
LOL, yep the exact one. Bulls Bridge.
Tried the next day too and it was still a no go.
Yes I went to that Tescos last night at 8pm - 1 hour queue to park, so I turned round and went to the Tescos in Watford - no queues, but no trollies either!!!! - People climbing over each other to get the stuff off the shelves into the their trolley. 2 1/2 hours of hell and £205 later!!!!!!!! :scared: :scared: :scared:

Got home at quarter to midnight

Cheers

Buzzy
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

glittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond reputeglittababe has a reputation beyond repute

Did you have you bikini on, that would attract new friends
worst, a bumpy forehead from botox!
Old Dec 22nd 2005, 8:31 pm

Originally Posted by glittababe
worst, a bumpy forehead from botox!
So that's where you got that body from

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.