British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Just back from the post office... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/just-back-post-office-383446/)

noonard Jul 6th 2006 12:13 pm

Just back from the post office...

So we've filled in the application forms, written personal statements, got statutory declarations from 3 Australians, photocopied pretty much every document that's ever had either of our names on it, got said documents certified by a friendly barrister, I've had my police check, gone for my x-ray and medical, collected photos of us both on holidays over the last 3 years, collected joint bank account statements, joint tenancy agreements, joint council tax bills etc, filled in the credit card mandate, and bunged it all in a big envelope along with a crisp twenty pound note. (All true except for the twenty pound note bit.)

So much paperwork in fact that it was well over the HALF KILO weight limit for the special delivery envelope!

So now I guess the nail biting begins! We were originally told that spouse visas could be turned around in 10 working days. I'm really hoping that wasn't too far from the truth, because perhaps prematurely we've booked flights, given our notices at jobs and on our flat, sold nearly everything we own. Oh hang on, that's COMPLETELY the wrong order to do things in isn't it?!

I'm going to be a nervous wreck until I hear back from them! :scared:

TheAshleys Jul 6th 2006 12:45 pm

Re: Just back from the post office...

Best of luck with that. Have some Karma, hope it brings you luck !

wren Jul 6th 2006 1:04 pm

Hi Nonnard

Hope it comes through quickly then... do you have a plan B? :D

noonard Jul 6th 2006 1:07 pm

Originally Posted by wren
Hope it comes through quickly then... do you have a plan B? :D

Yes, but involves a raft, sails made from bedsheets and the cover of darkness, so I can't really go into it at the moment.... :D

katsmajic Jul 6th 2006 1:23 pm

good luck with it all. xx

Originally Posted by noonard
Yes, but involves a raft, sails made from bedsheets and the cover of darkness, so I can't really go into it at the moment.... :D

Hutch Jul 6th 2006 1:34 pm

My missus spouse visa took four working days. :)

noonard Jul 6th 2006 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by Hutch
My missus spouse visa took four working days. :)

Loving your post so much I want to cohabit with it for at least 12 months, develop a genuine and continuing relationship with it and then apply for a spouse visa together. :D

There is hope!

TeresaG Jul 6th 2006 2:44 pm

Good luck with it all.

hedgehog Jul 6th 2006 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by noonard
Loving your post so much I want to cohabit with it for at least 12 months, develop a genuine and continuing relationship with it and then apply for a spouse visa together. :D

There is hope!

Yahoo, !!!! Someone with a great sense of humour keep posting,
Good luck with the visa, :)

loz Jul 6th 2006 3:18 pm

GOOD LUCK.............................................. .................. will keep everything crossed for you.

Loz x

noonard Jul 6th 2006 3:20 pm

Thanks for the good luck messages everyone - I will be bouncing around like a loon if it all goes through nice and quickly! :D

Hutch Jul 6th 2006 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by hedgehog
Yahoo, !!!! Someone with a great sense of humour keep posting,
Good luck with the visa, :)

lol - no worries. Sounds like you've done all the leg work - it really is pretty much a case of just rubber-stamping the thing as far as DIMIA are concerned. I know a couple of folks on this forum have had their's back even quicker. :)

ElshaUK Jul 6th 2006 8:43 pm

I am still waiting on the other half's police clearance - the 40 days are up, next friday!! I soooo hope it comes by then!

Medicals are next week and the application is practically ready - just need to get it certified.

:)

Bert'n'Stella Jul 7th 2006 3:52 am

Ours took 4 days also, last year. BUT my sister and BIL just applied for theirs, and it took 5 weeks in London, so be prepared. It could be that their case worker was on holiday or something - not sure, but they now have the visa so it's all good..

oh, our paperwork weighed 1.75kg!

S