Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just back from the bush!

Just back from the bush!

Old May 25th 2006, 1:58 pm

Perthforme is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Just back from the bush!

Took a short break to the outback .
The wifes got reli's that live in the middle of nowhere, 1100 K's north and inland from perth .
Had an awsome time up there, learning about spoting tracks on the ground, mustering cattle in 4x4 and on dirt bikes ( bit like a modern version of the film city slickers ). My Hilux ute and ktm are both now very red !
The area that they have to cover to round up the cattle is so vast that a light plane is used to find mobs of cattle 1st then we headed over in the 4x4's to round them up, man they move fast when they want to !
Will go for longer next time and camp out on the swags under the stars.
Still 3 of the people that live and work up there are Poms
Will put some picks on when i find the lead for my phone to down load them !
Loads of wild flowers were out , plenty if wild life, roo's, emus, eagles, budgies,the odd dingo etc .
There defo more to this place than the beach
Old May 25th 2006, 2:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just back from the bush!

Originally Posted by Perthforme
Took a short break to the outback .
The wifes got reli's that live in the middle of nowhere, 1100 K's north and inland from perth .
Had an awsome time up there, learning about spoting tracks on the ground, mustering cattle in 4x4 and on dirt bikes ( bit like a modern version of the film city slickers ). My Hilux ute and ktm are both now very red !
The area that they have to cover to round up the cattle is so vast that a light plane is used to find mobs of cattle 1st then we headed over in the 4x4's to round them up, man they move fast when they want to !
Will go for longer next time and camp out on the swags under the stars.
Still 3 of the people that live and work up there are Poms
Will put some picks on when i find the lead for my phone to down load them !
Loads of wild flowers were out , plenty if wild life, roo's, emus, eagles, budgies,the odd dingo etc .
There defo more to this place than the beach

Fantastic, well done for venturing outside of civilization. Hope to get out there myself one day.
Old May 25th 2006, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds great. Any pics to share?
Old May 25th 2006, 2:22 pm

Found the phone lead so here are some picks
Attached Thumbnails Just back from the bush!-photo-0051-2-.jpg   Just back from the bush!-photo-0057-2-.jpg   Just back from the bush!-photo-0058-2-.jpg   Just back from the bush!-photo-0059-2-.jpg   Just back from the bush!-photo-0065-3-.jpg  

Old May 25th 2006, 2:27 pm

And some mo
Attached Thumbnails Just back from the bush!-photo-0061-2-.jpg   Just back from the bush!-photo-0064-3-.jpg   Just back from the bush!-photo-0053-2-.jpg   Just back from the bush!-photo-0046-2-.jpg   Just back from the bush!-photo-0050-2-.jpg  

Old May 25th 2006, 2:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Downies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond reputeDownies has a reputation beyond repute

Found the phone lead so here are some picks
MIND BLOWING PICS!! Look like post cards!! God I cant wait to get over there!!

Paula
Old May 25th 2006, 2:32 pm
One of Big G's girls.

Loubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to beholdLoubags is a splendid one to behold

Fab piccies. Its great to see some of the bush as well as the coast. Cheers
Old May 25th 2006, 2:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Britishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond reputeBritishaussie has a reputation beyond repute

How amazing to experience a slice of life in the "real" Australia.
Old May 25th 2006, 2:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

marco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond reputemarco121068 has a reputation beyond repute

Certainly does look great. Thanks.
Old May 25th 2006, 2:50 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

And some mo
If you ever want a good read get the book by Len Beadell, the guy who Graded the "gunbarrel"highway , a great yarn. i met len before he died a true bushman in the old style .......................... mm
Old May 25th 2006, 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by mr mover
If you ever want a good read get the book by Len Beadell, the guy who Graded the "gunbarrel"highway , a great yarn. i met len before he died a true bushman in the old style .......................... mm
Will ask the folks if they knew him, met a few of the "bushmen" this weekend and they are great bunch of guys and gals , wouldn't mind living outback myself , theres a lot to be said for it . Lot of hard work , but very rewarding lifestyle . They do lot of grading too amongst they many jobs and talent you need in the bush. Its humbling too for us slickers
Old May 25th 2006, 3:24 pm
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Will ask the folks if they knew him, met a few of the "bushmen" this weekend and they are great bunch of guys and gals , wouldn't mind living outback myself , theres a lot to be said for it . Lot of hard work , but very rewarding lifestyle . They do lot of grading too amongst they many jobs and talent you need in the bush. Its humbling too for us slickers
When i was 15 i left school and was working with a fencing contractor on Moonera station on the WA/SA border,so i know all about hard work ...... mm
Old May 26th 2006, 1:36 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mr mover
When i was 15 i left school and was working with a fencing contractor on Moonera station on the WA/SA border,so i know all about hard work ...... mm
Great pics.

I used to work on an outback mine site near Kalgoorlie in the late 80's I love the bush. I Don't think the Mrs appreciates it as much as I do.
Old May 26th 2006, 1:38 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Brilliant, brilliant, brilliant! Thanks!!

So, what was the place called?

I lived with my parents 'up north' when I was a kid for a few years. That was enough though!
I prefer the southwest with it's trees and hills, but for a year or so it would be cool to live in the outback!

Here's all my foto's tagged with 'Nullagine' (so most are outback photo's)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/simone82/tags/nullagine/

Last edited by Simone; May 26th 2006 at 1:54 am.
Old May 26th 2006, 2:59 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
Great pics.

I used to work on an outback mine site near Kalgoorlie in the late 80's I love the bush. I Don't think the Mrs appreciates it as much as I do.
I've done a fair bit of hard yakka myself. Out in Leonara, QLD and NSW

(Yes, I have the gift of the gab lol).

. We're discussing the possibility of doing 6mnths to a year outback in the pre-primary school years with what we have of a family thus far.

I love old Russel Coight - he really makes me laugh with his bush antics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.