Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just arrived in Sydney!

Just arrived in Sydney!

Old Aug 16th 2010, 12:58 am
Just Joined

Laney1 is just really niceLaney1 is just really niceLaney1 is just really niceLaney1 is just really niceLaney1 is just really niceLaney1 is just really niceLaney1 is just really niceLaney1 is just really nice
Default Just arrived in Sydney!

Hi All,
I hope I am posting this in the correct spot! We have just made the big move from the UK and arrived in Sydney last week. We are living in Castlehill - myself, my husband and our nine year old daughter. We are busy organising all the run of the mill things and I think somewhat shell shocked! Would be great to hear from anyone and if anyone knows of any expat meet ups in the hills area / Castlehill. Would like to say have found this forum so useful in a short period of time in tracing back through threads, already found a number of great things we can do with our daughter! Thanks!

Cheers
Elaine
Old Aug 21st 2010, 10:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just arrived in Sydney!

Hi Laney and welcome! I'm sure you will find lots of things in the hills area, and there is usually a group that meets between st Ives and the hills district, but atm they are a bit disrupted. Look out for FTC (first tuesday club) posts:hopefully they will be back up and running in sept/oct.
Old Aug 23rd 2010, 9:07 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

Hi Laney
I am close by to CH tho sadly am now working during the week, however I know lots of ladies who'd be more than welcoming
If you want an introduction let me know
x

pm me mobile details & we'll catch up
Old Aug 24th 2010, 11:30 am
Just Joined

Laney1 is just really niceLaney1 is just really niceLaney1 is just really niceLaney1 is just really niceLaney1 is just really niceLaney1 is just really niceLaney1 is just really niceLaney1 is just really nice

Hi Caroline and Hoola!

Hope all is good with you. Many thanks for the info and replies, good to know. Hoola will pm you.

Cheers
Elaine
Old Sep 2nd 2010, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Hi Laney
Welcome. Trust Caroline & Hoola to say hi first!
We often meet on a Tuesday in this area.Look out for FTC thread coming up.
Hopee to meet you soon.
W
Old Sep 11th 2010, 12:19 am
Just Joined

Hi W!
Thanks for your reply, yep will keep a look out for the posts for the FTC.
Have a great weekend! Hopefully meet you at one of the meets.
Cheers
Elaine
Old Sep 11th 2010, 9:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

carolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond reputecarolinephillips has a reputation beyond repute

How are you settling in?
Old Sep 16th 2010, 4:35 am
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Laney1
Hi All,
I hope I am posting this in the correct spot! We have just made the big move from the UK and arrived in Sydney last week. We are living in Castlehill - myself, my husband and our nine year old daughter. We are busy organising all the run of the mill things and I think somewhat shell shocked! Would be great to hear from anyone and if anyone knows of any expat meet ups in the hills area / Castlehill. Would like to say have found this forum so useful in a short period of time in tracing back through threads, already found a number of great things we can do with our daughter! Thanks!

Cheers
Elaine
Snap!! We arrived from the UK in early September and are living in Castle Hill too!! We've got 2 daughters, nearly 4 & 2. Its a bit crazy at the moment organising things but would really like to meet up with people in the next few weeks, we're moving into our rental in Kellyville Ridge in early October. The people I have met have been so friendly with so many suggestions on what to do in the area.

Cheers

Kelly
Old Sep 17th 2010, 7:24 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

Originally Posted by kronk
Snap!! We arrived from the UK in early September and are living in Castle Hill too!! We've got 2 daughters, nearly 4 & 2. Its a bit crazy at the moment organising things but would really like to meet up with people in the next few weeks, we're moving into our rental in Kellyville Ridge in early October. The people I have met have been so friendly with so many suggestions on what to do in the area.

Cheers

Kelly
Great!! you'll be in good company to hook up with the expat mob that meet at the Castle Hill RSL on a Tues late morning, free enteratinment for the kids while mums chat & drink coffee/have lunch
I'll pm you my number if you'd like some introductions
Old Sep 17th 2010, 11:42 pm
Forum Regular

kronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant futurekronk has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Hoola
Great!! you'll be in good company to hook up with the expat mob that meet at the Castle Hill RSL on a Tues late morning, free enteratinment for the kids while mums chat & drink coffee/have lunch
I'll pm you my number if you'd like some introductions
Excellent, have pm'd you, will also look out for RSL threads on here!!
Old Sep 18th 2010, 7:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Wilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud ofWilgar has much to be proud of

Also checkout Sydney newcomers
which is a social gruop active in Castle Hill area.

Last edited by Wilgar; Sep 18th 2010 at 7:47 am.