Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just arrived in Perth

Just arrived in Perth

Old Dec 7th 2006, 9:34 am
UK is Home

Sunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond reputeSunny_Glesga has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just arrived in Perth

Alright mate, glad to see that you eventually got there, I know its only a couple of days there but whats your first impressions of Perth

Originally Posted by lang81
Hi guys,

I have been in Perth now for 3 days and it would be great to hear from anyone out here. We are living with a friend in Walter road East, Bassendean.
Hope to talk to some of the expats here soon.
Old Dec 7th 2006, 9:42 am
Account Closed

Nomore is an unknown quantity at this point

Have a jolly good time in Perth and a jolly Christmas Lang81
Old Dec 7th 2006, 10:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

which school?

Originally Posted by butch&shell
A big hello to you all
arrived in south perth a month ago, just got a rented house sorted move in on monday in Duncraig lovely area really nice house. just got my 5 year old enrolled in the local primary school today which is a 3min walk he starts 31st jan. our container has already arrived and just gone through customs arriving at the new place a week after moving in.
love to here from anybody......
michelle x
Old Dec 7th 2006, 10:27 am
BE Enthusiast

mickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud ofmickagnew has much to be proud of

Sme

me thinks you should organise a meet as there seems to be plenty of you
guys who have just arrived and for those who have been there longer.
In fact if you do ti the second week of Jan we can come to LOL

Se ya soon

Mick n Claire
Old Dec 7th 2006, 10:47 pm
I'm watching YOU...

thpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond reputethpinkpussycat has a reputation beyond repute

Hi to everyone who has just arrived,

A large group of us girls meet every week for coffee and a chat, normally it would be the Dome at Hillarys but with the school summer holidays we are going to be meet at Whitfords Nodes Park/Hillarys Beach Park, off Whitfords Ave.
Its a lovely park as short walk from Hillarys, plenty of play areas, BBQ's, parking and closed to the beach.

As most of the regulars know the Dome is not very child friendly and Hillarys get very busy over the summer holidays.

Please feel free to come along.

http://www.whereis.com/whereis/conf...ef=homePlaceMap

Sam
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

lacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond reputelacey21 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi welcome to Perth,

I'm in Rockingham and loving it. I hope all your dreams become a reality

hugs Lace xx
Old Dec 8th 2006, 12:32 am
sme
......in the sand !

sme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond reputesme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mickagnew
Sme

me thinks you should organise a meet as there seems to be plenty of you
guys who have just arrived and for those who have been there longer.
In fact if you do ti the second week of Jan we can come to LOL

Se ya soon

Mick n Claire

I was just thinking that !
Old Dec 8th 2006, 4:51 am
Forum Regular

MightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the fellow newbies (we arrived Nov 17th). Been in temporary accommodation in Somerley and move into our own rental in Ocean Reef on the 18th - can't wait as our current place just doesn't feel like a home so it's kinda unsettling me...which doesn't help my 2.5yo son We're driving each other barmy at the moment - spend all his naptime phoning playgroups (closed for Christmas now) and chasing up the child care centre I'd like to enroll him in (they're busy so trying to squeeze him in)...just need a break !!! Kids eh
We have our car sorted - Focus too but a sedan...got our bank accounts sorted..but I haven't contacted CentreLink at all - do I need to? I have a 6mo daughter too...didn't qualify for any benefits back home (just child benefit) so would I qualify here?? Not sure who I should contact.

Anyway - would be lovely to meetup with some of you so will try and arrange a visit to Hillary's once we're settled...so in need of some adult company.. a wee natter and a coffee (or maybe even a vino or 2, lol).

As for our container - ours has arrived fairly quickly too...we went with Britannia..left Nov 16th and due Dec 20th...should be delivered to us start of Jan - THEN I'll be happy...my own bed...bliss...

Hope everyone settles soon - hope I do to
xx
Old Dec 8th 2006, 5:02 am
BE Enthusiast

MJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond reputeMJELNC has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to all of the newbies in Perth.We are in Ocean Reef NOR
Anyone wanna meet up for a coffee or a glass of something over the school holidays.Just pm me
Jo
Old Dec 8th 2006, 5:07 am
Forum Regular

MightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to beholdMightyMouse is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by MJELNC
Welcome to all of the newbies in Perth.We are in Ocean Reef NOR
Anyone wanna meet up for a coffee or a glass of something over the school holidays.Just pm me
Jo
Coffee or a glass of something? Hmmm...let me think - whereabouts in Ocean Reef are you?
PM me and maybe we can meetup? I have to warn you though - I have a 2.5yo son (with lots of energy and extremely bored) but an angelic 6mo daughter
Old Dec 9th 2006, 6:49 am
Forum Regular

butch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the roughbutch&shell is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by Luma
which school?
hi Luma

My 5 year old will go to Glengarry Primary School Duncraig, starts 31st jan, are you living in that area?
michelle
Old Dec 11th 2006, 1:45 am
Forum Regular

jossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nicejossy is just really nice

Hi Guys

Welcome to Perth, we arrived on 17th october so had chance to rent a house in Scret Harbour, open bank accounts work for a couple of months, just at a stage where we have most of our furniture bought for the house, oh and even better our personal effects arrived from the Uk recently.

If anyone wants any help or wants to meet up down south! let me know

Cheers

Jo