Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Just about to book flight, need some info

Just about to book flight, need some info

Old Feb 16th 2006, 8:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Just about to book flight, need some info

Well we are just about to book our flights on Singapore airlines and was just wondering how we go about getting the 40kg baggage allowance. Do i book them first on the website then email them or shall i email them first to check. I dont want to make the mistake of booking and paying for the flights and then not getting the extra allowance.

Feeling quite excited now. Roll on may. Its starting to feel real
Old Feb 16th 2006, 8:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

LesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to allLesleyM is a name known to all
Default Re: Just about to book flight, need some info

Originally Posted by angel17796
Well we are just about to book our flights on Singapore airlines and was just wondering how we go about getting the 40kg baggage allowance. Do i book them first on the website then email them or shall i email them first to check. I dont want to make the mistake of booking and paying for the flights and then not getting the extra allowance.

Hi, we asked for it at the travel agents and had to take a copy of our visa's in and then it was stated on our tickets. HTH and best of luck.
Old Feb 16th 2006, 9:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

angel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond reputeangel17796 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LesleyM
Hi, we asked for it at the travel agents and had to take a copy of our visa's in and then it was stated on our tickets. HTH and best of luck.

Cheers. I was going to book them online tonight but maybe i should wait and phone them tomorrow. Awww and i wanted to book them now lol
Old Feb 16th 2006, 10:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

sasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond reputesasbear has a reputation beyond repute

I booked with them online 40 hours before we was due to fly. The booking agent had to call as it was last minute - she told us to fax through copies of our visas in passport to her and she forwarded them onto singapore airlines as proof - we had the baggage allowance then. Maybe book online and then contact singapore airlines and do it yourself - you just have to proof that this is your first visit on the visa and send them proof
Sarah
Old Feb 17th 2006, 8:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sasbear
I booked with them online 40 hours before we was due to fly. The booking agent had to call as it was last minute - she told us to fax through copies of our visas in passport to her and she forwarded them onto singapore airlines as proof - we had the baggage allowance then. Maybe book online and then contact singapore airlines and do it yourself - you just have to proof that this is your first visit on the visa and send them proof
Sarah

Thanks. I phoned them this morning and the very lovely lady said we get it automatically if our passports have not been stamped and it says we can live indefinately. She said we dont need any proof of email etc and just turn up with our bags and passports.

Im going to wait till this afternoon till OH gets back, dont want to book them now incase he changes his mind about going sooner rather than later lol
Old Feb 17th 2006, 9:20 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks. I phoned them this morning and the very lovely lady said we get it automatically if our passports have not been stamped and it says we can live indefinately. She said we dont need any proof of email etc and just turn up with our bags and passports.

Im going to wait till this afternoon till OH gets back, dont want to book them now incase he changes his mind about going sooner rather than later lol

Hiya

I'd be really careful, there has been so many different post on here regarding extra luggage allowance.

We was told that to ensure no problems at check in, that your tickets should state the extra allowance. We booked ours on-line and arranged the extra baggage a few days after, we also had to e.mail copies of our Visas to them before the extra allowance was given. You hear so many different stories, I'd say better be safe than a huge headache at check in.

All the best

Sue x
Old Feb 17th 2006, 9:35 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Sue2
Hiya

I'd be really careful, there has been so many different post on here regarding extra luggage allowance.

We was told that to ensure no problems at check in, that your tickets should state the extra allowance. We booked ours on-line and arranged the extra baggage a few days after, we also had to e.mail copies of our Visas to them before the extra allowance was given. You hear so many different stories, I'd say better be safe than a huge headache at check in.

All the best

Sue x

Thank you. I might book them this afternoon and then send an email for confirmation. She did assure me it would be okay but you are right. Better be safe that sorry!!
Old Feb 17th 2006, 9:40 am
Suzy's Mummy too!

Jonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond reputeJonahs_mummy has a reputation beyond repute

We wanted to get it from "the horses mouth" so emailed Singapore Airlines & asked the question - they emailed us back & confirmed in writing (well typing ) that we would get the 40kg allowance provided we hadn't had our Visa validated previously. We then email them back to ask if we could have it in writing to keep with our tickets & they replied saying "print off this email & take it with you". And that is BEFORE we have even booked our flights!!!!!!

Claire
x
Old Feb 17th 2006, 9:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Sue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond reputeSue2 has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you. I might book them this afternoon and then send an email for confirmation. She did assure me it would be okay but you are right. Better be safe that sorry!!

If you can get it on your tickets or in writing its better than just going there and them saying no

All exciting hey all the best with the big move

Sue x