Junk

Old Jul 30th 2003, 10:07 pm
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Wilf
This forum is come one, come all. Or should be. You might not find PB funny, but I do. I also find him well-informed about Oz as many find it to be once here - witness the "Now I see what PB has been on about" posts that a number of people send in once they have been in Oz for a while. You will be doing one yourself one day if your heart is big enough.
That's where you've missed the point completely. When I was in the UK I was annoyed by PBs inaccurate rants and had I been naive like some of the would-be migrants on here I may have been put off moving. Now I am living in Australia it is blatently obvious that PB and the other whingers are just making it up. It may be harmless chit chat to you and many others but it also has a serious side. Some people are hell bent on putting people off moving here. Not only that, they deliberately try to destroyed posts from people who are being helpful.
Old Jul 30th 2003, 10:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Wilf is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by etlniwd
That's where you've missed the point completely. When I was in the UK I was annoyed by PBs inaccurate rants and had I been naive like some of the would-be migrants on here I may have been put off moving. Now I am living in Australia it is blatently obvious that PB and the other whingers are just making it up. It may be harmless chit chat to you and many others but it also has a serious side. Some people are hell bent on putting people off moving here. Not only that, they deliberately try to destroyed posts from people who are being helpful.

You were annoyed; some agree with you. Many do not and find PB's stuff a good reminder that things are not perfect. You are a recent arrival and will, as I say, see the point of PB's stuff in the end and then, if you have the heart for it, you will admit it here.

You are living one life in Oz, there are many others. Let everyone posts their opinion and you will have a good mix that will be more realistic than any one opinion - even yours.
Old Jul 31st 2003, 12:32 am
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all

[funny you all seem to be mostly Expats.....what are you doing here?

Doing here where? On the forum or in Oz? I'm doing the Aussie Work Cultural thing and surfing whilst at work. And of course trying to be helpful in my fellow countrymen by telling them the price of chicken legs.

Old Jul 31st 2003, 1:35 am
Gone Senile Member

Sandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond reputeSandra has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by DianeOZ
[funny you all seem to be mostly Expats.....what are you doing here?

Doing here where? On the forum or in Oz? I'm doing the Aussie Work Cultural thing and surfing whilst at work. And of course trying to be helpful in my fellow countrymen by telling them the price of chicken legs.

Was being sarky about the fact we are expats on a forum for comments about a country in which we live - but banished to a single thread to amuse ourselves.

Never sure whether I am one or t'other postive or negative person, I suppose I will be told by the 'other side' soon enough - enjoying the laughs in the meantime
Old Jul 31st 2003, 1:53 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by baldbutts
No need to browse certain posts,just delete where applicable the following :

Reported in West Australian/Sun :

Britain/Australia is the worst place in the world for Crime/house prices/dole bludgers/flamin Immos/weather
Mayor I.P Freely said this was a fact and if any one disagreed,he'd ignore them .
A passer by said "I agree,Britain/Australia is a right Crap hole,and anyone wanting to live here must be a jolly rotten bufoon/a flamin' drongo

If you posted this,just sit back and wait for the billy goat gruffs to cross the bridge to the land of answers.
If you reply,then expect to be shot down in flames,,told you are wrong,wait till you get here,but if you are here,you're wrong again.
Repeat to fade.

BB-deja vu anyone ?

Nice to see that you still have it , thank god its you rather than me though.
One question is there life as we know it South of Freo ?

Old Jul 31st 2003, 3:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by Sandra
Was being sarky about the fact we are expats on a forum for comments about a country in which we live - but banished to a single thread to amuse ourselves.

Never sure whether I am one or t'other postive or negative person, I suppose I will be told by the 'other side' soon enough - enjoying the laughs in the meantime

I liked your comment that "we are expats on a forum for comments about a country in which we live - but banished to a single thread to amuse ourselves." It is a funny one and oddly true.

I think you must be becoming "one of us", Sandra. Now you are worried?
Old Jul 31st 2003, 4:00 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally posted by pommie bastard
Nice to see that you still have it , thank god its you rather than me though.

Very good crack. I will be pinching that one.
Old Jul 31st 2003, 5:45 pm
Don
Banned

Don is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by etlniwd
Now I am living in Australia it is blatently obvious that PB and the other whingers are just making it up. It may be harmless chit chat to you and many others but it also has a serious side. Some people are hell bent on putting people off moving here. Not only that, they deliberately try to destroyed posts from people who are being helpful.
Why would they do that? Surely they are just giving their opinions. Which may not coincide with yours.
Old Jul 31st 2003, 10:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

etlniwd is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by pleasancefamily
Why would they do that? Surely they are just giving their opinions. Which may not coincide with yours.
Don't be naive Don. Have you never heard of trolls ? A troll is an attention seeker. To draw attention to themselves they have to do something that stands out or something that is 'controversial'. Unfortunately that spoils it for everyone that wants to use the forum for its intended purpose. Ask any psychologist about trolls. They exist in all walks of life - not just the internet. You can argue for 'free speech' and the like but it comes to the point where people with genuine information to post just give up. The forum is then overrun with trolls and virtually useless. This forum is close to that point.

I post messages like this because I think it would be a shame to happen. Every day I have to ask myself whether I am wasting my time on here. I guess it will not be long before I too have had enough.

Whether or not an opinion coincides with mine is irrelevent. I have no vested interest in whether someone migrates or not. I present the facts as I see them and let people make up their own minds. I do it because I have been through the process myself. However some people's agenda is to make a potential migrant feel bad about their decision to move by posting distorted and untrue information. I find that rather shameful.
Old Aug 1st 2003, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

NinaU is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by dotty
Over the last two days a lot of posts by PB and Jayr in particular plus some others have been deleted by the moderator.
For those who followed the realistic posts and the humour its Goodbye. Hope you all enjoy the new but in my opinion very biased forum.
Hi everyone,
Where can I find all the deleted threads? Please let me have the link. Thanks

Nina
Old Aug 1st 2003, 3:26 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by NinaU
Where can I find all the deleted threads? Please let me have the link.
Nina,

Which part of "deleted" do you not understand

Peter
Old Aug 1st 2003, 4:05 am
Forum Regular

NinaU is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ptlabs
Nina,

Which part of "deleted" do you not understand

Peter
Hi Peter,

I meant 'deleted ' from this forum and moved some place else. I could'nt find them in the Lounge, you mentioned they were moved there.

Cheers
Nina
Old Aug 1st 2003, 4:28 am
Ex Mod (2002-2005)

ptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond reputeptlabs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by NinaU
I meant 'deleted ' from this forum and moved some place else. I could'nt find them in the Lounge, you mentioned they were moved there.
Nina,

I moved some, I deleted some. Moved ones are at the Lounge. The deleted ones are obviously gone.

Peter
Old Aug 1st 2003, 5:21 am
Forum Regular

Arto is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Tired of Pommie Bastard

Me and my partner are moving to Australia in 2 months and I regularly check this forum for possible useful information.

I did think PM was kind of funny even though I had hard time understanding what he wrote (yes I am French!) due to what I would call “a non-conventional English�.

But now … I AM GETTING TIRED! All the information he offers is about people getting fired, slowness of the trains, the garbage …. It is always negative and contributes to nothing at all!

PM, is there a way you could disappear from here …. Let those stupid migrants discover by themselves how dumbs they had been to emigrate! You experience has been a failure, fine! Go back to where you belong (uk?) and get back to life for godsake!

I made it! I needed to express it ….

Au Revoir

Djamel (France, Paris)

P.S: I hope I haven t made too many English mistakes
Old Aug 1st 2003, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Default Re: Tired of Pommie Bastard

Originally posted by Arto
Me and my partner are moving to Australia in 2 months and I regularly check this forum for possible useful information.

I did think PM was kind of funny even though I had hard time understanding what he wrote (yes I am French!) due to what I would call “a non-conventional English�.

But now … I AM GETTING TIRED! All the information he offers is about people getting fired, slowness of the trains, the garbage …. It is always negative and contributes to nothing at all!

PM, is there a way you could disappear from here …. Let those stupid migrants discover by themselves how dumbs they had been to emigrate! You experience has been a failure, fine! Go back to where you belong (uk?) and get back to life for godsake!

I made it! I needed to express it ….

Au Revoir

Djamel (France, Paris)

P.S: I hope I haven t made too many English mistakes

quand un homme est fatigué de Pommie Bastard il est fatigué de Wilf

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.