Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Junior Soccer in OZ

Junior Soccer in OZ

Old Mar 17th 2006, 5:41 am
Forum Regular

bobstevens is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Junior Soccer in OZ

I run a youth football ( soccer ) team here in England which my son plays for, does anyone know if there is much youth football ??
Old Mar 17th 2006, 6:05 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Junior Soccer in OZ

Originally Posted by bobstevens
I run a youth football ( soccer ) team here in England which my son plays for, does anyone know if there is much youth football ??
loads of it bob - especially with the socceroos in the world cup - state where you heading in oz? that way you'll get more specific replies and info on particular areas. i'm playing and coaching on the sunshine coast in queensland, and theres heaps of opportunity for kids - and adults to play...and they're serious cos they changed the name from soccer to football....
Old Mar 17th 2006, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

Sydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really niceSydney The Dog is just really nice

I'm the Under 12 coach for Buderim Wanderers FC and we are still accepting players for the season that is about to start one week tommorow!!

And for any late Poms arriving over the comming months, come and join the Wanderers!!
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:00 am

Scotty123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Sydney The Dog
I'm the Under 12 coach for Buderim Wanderers FC and we are still accepting players for the season that is about to start one week tommorow!!

And for any late Poms arriving over the comming months, come and join the Wanderers!!
Cool I hope there is some teams for me, im 17 and pretty decent player give me a chance to meet some people my age
Old Mar 17th 2006, 9:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

selina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to beholdselina is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by joeyballantyne
loads of it bob - especially with the socceroos in the world cup - state where you heading in oz? that way you'll get more specific replies and info on particular areas. i'm playing and coaching on the sunshine coast in queensland, and theres heaps of opportunity for kids - and adults to play...and they're serious cos they changed the name from soccer to football....

hi, i need to pick your brains...when does the season start and finish there? also how are the leagues sorted out there on the sunshine coast. my son is 18 in October and plays to a high standard here in the UK and is keen to find out which are the better teams to play for so to speak. do they have different divisions in their leagues? in fact any info would be great. selina xx
Old Mar 18th 2006, 10:02 am
Coventry to Caloundra....

joeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond reputejoeyballantyne has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by selina
hi, i need to pick your brains...when does the season start and finish there? also how are the leagues sorted out there on the sunshine coast. my son is 18 in October and plays to a high standard here in the UK and is keen to find out which are the better teams to play for so to speak. do they have different divisions in their leagues? in fact any info would be great. selina xx
hey selina

check out: http://www.sunshinecoastfootball.com.au/
for all details of sunshine coast football, leagues and to find a club.

the standard is pretty ok here compared to the uk and at 18 if your lads decent he'll probably get pick of the clubs. buderim, caloundra, kawana and coolum are probably the big four on the coast - you can access their websites from the above link. good luck! ...and ....the season starts in about 2 weeks and ends around october - there should be a fixture list with dates on the link...

Last edited by joeyballantyne; Mar 18th 2006 at 10:05 am.