Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Junior football on the Gold Coast

Junior football on the Gold Coast

Old Apr 22nd 2008, 6:54 am
Forum Regular

Taniar is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Junior football on the Gold Coast

Hi there everyone, wondering what opportunities there would be for our Son to play football on the Gold Coast.

At the mo he is signed for a local under 9 team and plays Saturday and Sunday matches in a leauge. He thinks it is great and so do we!!

My question is would there be similar opportunities for him to continue this in Oz (Gold Coast)?
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 7:05 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Junior football on the Gold Coast

Originally Posted by Taniar View Post
Hi there everyone, wondering what opportunities there would be for our Son to play football on the Gold Coast.

At the mo he is signed for a local under 9 team and plays Saturday and Sunday matches in a leauge. He thinks it is great and so do we!!

My question is would there be similar opportunities for him to continue this in Oz (Gold Coast)?
Yup, clubs all over the place. Bound to find somewhere close to wherever you settle.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 10:38 pm
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Taniar View Post

www.goldcoastsoccer.com.au
My son plays for Magic United, trains twice a week matches Friday evening. Its well organised and they take it quite seriously like any sport.
Old Apr 22nd 2008, 11:29 pm
Forum Regular

lisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to alllisaroo is a name known to all

my boy dignt play football ,but get him in to the surf club nippers. i've got to be honest it was brill and i'm sure most of them probably do the footie as well
Old Apr 23rd 2008, 7:31 am
BE Forum Addict

WelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to beholdWelshSarah is a splendid one to behold

Hi, yes my two sons play, one for Robina and one for Magic Utd.

Be prepared top pay his fees up front $250 easch for ours. Mind you that covers insurance etc.

Well organised though and pitches in great shape.
Old Apr 24th 2008, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

TrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant future

Hi Sarah

Can I just ask...... are these 'up front fees' instead of the 'weekly subs' we have here in the UK?? Is that what you meant or.... is it up front fees AND weekly subs LOL!!!

Trev
Old Apr 24th 2008, 11:40 pm
Decreased member

Carbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond reputeCarbery has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TrickyTrev View Post
Hi Sarah

Can I just ask...... are these 'up front fees' instead of the 'weekly subs' we have here in the UK?? Is that what you meant or.... is it up front fees AND weekly subs LOL!!!

Trev

Not Sarah - When they sign on at the start of the season its $250.00, this includes team strip, travel shirt, insurance, ball etc. There is no weekly 'subs'.
Old Apr 25th 2008, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

TrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant futureTrickyTrev has a brilliant future

Thanks Carbery

That seems reasonable LOL