British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Junior football on the Gold Coast (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/junior-football-gold-coast-531205/)

Taniar Apr 22nd 2008 5:54 am

Junior football on the Gold Coast

Hi there everyone, wondering what opportunities there would be for our Son to play football on the Gold Coast.

At the mo he is signed for a local under 9 team and plays Saturday and Sunday matches in a leauge. He thinks it is great and so do we!!

My question is would there be similar opportunities for him to continue this in Oz (Gold Coast)?

moneypenny20 Apr 22nd 2008 6:05 am

Re: Junior football on the Gold Coast

Originally Posted by Taniar (Post 6246172)
Hi there everyone, wondering what opportunities there would be for our Son to play football on the Gold Coast.

At the mo he is signed for a local under 9 team and plays Saturday and Sunday matches in a leauge. He thinks it is great and so do we!!

My question is would there be similar opportunities for him to continue this in Oz (Gold Coast)?

Yup, clubs all over the place. Bound to find somewhere close to wherever you settle.

Carbery Apr 22nd 2008 9:38 pm

Originally Posted by Taniar (Post 6246172)

www.goldcoastsoccer.com.au
My son plays for Magic United, trains twice a week matches Friday evening. Its well organised and they take it quite seriously like any sport.

lisaroo Apr 22nd 2008 10:29 pm

my boy dignt play football ,but get him in to the surf club nippers. i've got to be honest it was brill and i'm sure most of them probably do the footie as well:)

WelshSarah Apr 23rd 2008 6:31 am

Hi, yes my two sons play, one for Robina and one for Magic Utd.

Be prepared top pay his fees up front $250 easch for ours. Mind you that covers insurance etc.

Well organised though and pitches in great shape.

TrickyTrev Apr 24th 2008 6:31 pm

Hi Sarah

Can I just ask...... are these 'up front fees' instead of the 'weekly subs' we have here in the UK?? Is that what you meant or.... is it up front fees AND weekly subs :eek: LOL!!!

Trev

Carbery Apr 24th 2008 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by TrickyTrev (Post 6260945)
Hi Sarah

Can I just ask...... are these 'up front fees' instead of the 'weekly subs' we have here in the UK?? Is that what you meant or.... is it up front fees AND weekly subs :eek: LOL!!!

Trev

Not Sarah - When they sign on at the start of the season its $250.00, this includes team strip, travel shirt, insurance, ball etc. There is no weekly 'subs'.

TrickyTrev Apr 25th 2008 7:27 pm

Thanks Carbery

That seems reasonable :p LOL