Reload this Page >

June/July Book Club - The Time Traveller's Wife

June/July Book Club - The Time Traveller's Wife

Old Jun 15th 2008, 6:45 am
Just Joined

portalplayer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: June/July Book Club - The Time Traveller's Wife

Hi all

I've got an MP3 version of the book which I need to start listening to, the book was out of Burwood library not sure if someone from the group has it though.

Im hoping to make the meet in St Ives, is anyone around Homebush West so that I may grab a lift? (No car and don't like the trains after dark!!)

Do I need to bring anything?

Lesley
Old Jun 15th 2008, 7:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

Hi

The meet is at mine so PM me if you need the address. I don't know anyone coming from your direction but you might get lucky! You wouldn't be able to do public transport I'm afraid as the last bus from here to Gordon station (closest train) is 8.15pm.

If you are coming just bring whatever you want to drink I'll provide nibbles.
Old Jun 17th 2008, 5:54 am
Mermaid

Hoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really niceHoola is just really nice

I finished last night in the wee small hours, couldn't put it off until this morning.
Ron what date does your copy have to be back at your library? I gave soma your copy as mine from my local library became available
Will need to let her know when she needs to get it back to you
Old Jun 17th 2008, 9:21 am
Forum Regular

Ron the Pom is an unknown quantity at this point

The other copy of my library book needs to be returned by 5th July, therefore it can be returned to me at GNI, FTC or book club meet on 3rd July and I will then return it to the library.

Hope that helps
Old Jun 20th 2008, 9:00 am
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Doh sorry I got confused of course its at Rosscarbery's this time.
LOL
xx
Old Jun 20th 2008, 12:32 pm
Forum Regular

SoMa is an unknown quantity at this point

I better get reading, I'm only half way through.
Enjoying it though.

Will return the book at the meet if thats ok Ron the Pom.

Rosscarbery, could you kindly Pm me ur address, I think I have it somewhere, but just in case...

cheers Jo
Old Jun 21st 2008, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

Ron the Pom is an unknown quantity at this point

Soma,

Returning at the meet will be fine, I haven't actually got around to reading too much of my copy yet, but I will have it finished by 3rd.
Old Jun 23rd 2008, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

Sal1705 is an unknown quantity at this point

My copy was due back in 2 days but have managed to renew on-line.

Just for a change I don't think I am going to be able to finish it in time for meet but will give it a go. (It didn't help that it was lost in a box for over a week!)
Old Jun 24th 2008, 10:13 pm
Forum Regular

ShazC is an unknown quantity at this point

Yayyyy I have just got my hands on a copy...hopefully I will have finished it by the 3rd!!! See you all there...http://britishexpats.com/forum/images/smilies/rofl.gif
Old Jun 30th 2008, 2:24 am
BE Enthusiast

Rosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to beholdRosscarbery is a splendid one to behold

I can't remember what time it usually starts, but seeing as I'm the hostess can I say 8pm as that works best for me
Old Jun 30th 2008, 2:56 am
Forum Regular

SoMa is an unknown quantity at this point

Just finished the book... and I loved it...

In fact, a bit dissapointed I'll have no Henry and Clare to read about tonight.
C u all Thursday
Old Jun 30th 2008, 10:30 am
22B
BE Enthusiast

22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future22B has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by SoMa
In fact, a bit dissapointed I'll have no Henry and Clare to read about tonight.
I felt the same - a bit bereft in fact!, both times I read it.

Having said that, I'm just as disappointed that I (probably) can't make it on Thursday (not least because I have heard such wonderful things about Chez Martha......) OH and DS and I have decided at the last minute to jet off to the Sunshine Coast for a couple of days.

I say 'probably can't make it' because if we return to KingsfordSmith as scheduled, OH may drop me off at St Ives (assuming yanH can take me home?).

If I don't see you, have fun!

- 22B
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 12:38 am
Just Joined

iSkate is an unknown quantity at this point

hi all

I'm hoping to make it tonight assuming dh is home on time.

Rosscarberry could you pm me your address pls?
If I don't make it I'll look out for the thread in the barbie

see you all soon
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 2:37 am
Forum Regular

ShazC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all I am sorry to say I am unable to make it tonight as I have a chest infection and feeling miserable for myself.......I did finish the book talk more about it in the barbie tomorrow....
Shaz x
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 6:36 am
Lisa

LisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to allLisaD_uk is a name known to all

Has anyone got any ideas for the next book yet?
Who would like to hold the next book club meet?
I am going to put the post in the Barbie now as I am working all day tmrw and then have a Body Shop party to do in the eve so I have a busy day, any of you that can't make it tonight can then post and the rest of us can participate after the meet tonight or when and if you feel like it.

See you all tonight

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.