Jukeboxes

Old Jan 9th 2005, 7:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute
Question Jukeboxes

Hubby wants to know if he'll be able to buy a jukebox in Oz?

He's always wanted one so wants to know if he needs to buy one before we leave.

Anyone got any ideas ?

Old Jan 9th 2005, 7:16 pm
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Jukeboxes

Originally Posted by ohippy

Anyone got any ideas ?

www.ebay.com.au
Old Jan 9th 2005, 7:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

ohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond reputeohippy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rubbeldiekatz
I may be the only one in the world - but I'm not that keen on ebay. Heard too many horror stories !!
Old Jan 9th 2005, 7:43 pm
Melbourne Rock City

rubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of lightrubbeldiekatz is a glorious beacon of light

in melbourne maybe brunswick road or prahran....
Old Jan 9th 2005, 9:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

manxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond reputemanxfamily has a reputation beyond repute

ebay - you only hear the few horror stories, never the stories of millions of happy people!
Old Jan 9th 2005, 9:15 pm
small steps long journey

seang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond reputeseang has a reputation beyond repute

Anyone got any ideas ?

You certainly can. I remember seeing a shop in Parramatta(vague I know!) that sold a lot of old retro stuff. Problem may be getting the singles though.

Upshot is - you got the cash I doubt it would be a problem
Old Jan 10th 2005, 3:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know about Jukeboxes in OZ, but we brought our 1964 Wurlitzer with us from the UK. It's a very tidy model with a purple, black and chrome body.
It is incredibly heavy and took 4 men to move it. Apparently this was to stop people unplugging them and pinching them from pubs.

Gill
Old Jan 10th 2005, 3:35 am
Just Joined

fenix is an unknown quantity at this point

look on ebay for ones which will accept cash in person, then you get to collect the jukebox and test it as you would any other classifieds.

ive done that a few times in the UK, but there are systems in place on ebay to help reduce problems, every member has a rating like (334) which means that person has made 334 happy customers, people take pride in there rating and go out of there way to protect it so you can normally expect an A1 service if they have a good rating.

Last edited by fenix; Jan 10th 2005 at 3:35 am. Reason: typo
Old Jan 10th 2005, 5:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
Don't know about Jukeboxes in OZ, but we brought our 1964 Wurlitzer with us from the UK. It's a very tidy model with a purple, black and chrome body.
It is incredibly heavy and took 4 men to move it. Apparently this was to stop people unplugging them and pinching them from pubs.

Gill

I love the Wurlitzers but Hubby wants a jukebox that plays CD's !!
Old Jan 10th 2005, 6:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Gill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond reputeGill and Rob has a reputation beyond repute

I love the Wurlitzers but Hubby wants a jukebox that plays CD's !!

CD's CD's !!!
What about the feel of black vinyl in your hand?
The smell of "electric" as the well oiled parts of the internal workings heat up?
The fun of when the "arm" get stuck and no matter which buttons you press it always plays D4 "These Boots are Made for Walking"?

Now THAT'S a jukebox.

Am I that old??

Gill and Rob
Old Jan 10th 2005, 7:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Gill and Rob
CD's CD's !!!
What about the feel of black vinyl in your hand?
The smell of "electric" as the well oiled parts of the internal workings heat up?
The fun of when the "arm" get stuck and no matter which buttons you press it always plays D4 "These Boots are Made for Walking"?

Now THAT'S a jukebox.

Am I that old??

Gill and Rob

I still have all my old records - including the picture singles. No idea what state they are in though - they're up in the attic
Old Jan 10th 2005, 7:37 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

To be honest...I've thought about getting one myself when I get there!

In the meantime....Jukebox Radio!!

Steve.
Old Jan 10th 2005, 7:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Hubby has this idea about sitting out by his pool, having a cigarette, with the music from his jukebox softly playing next to his bar in the games room.

I think he's forgetting the noise from the two kids fighting over everything and anything and me nagging him to clear up after himself and give up smoking !!

Still, what would he dream about if his dream came true ?

Old Jan 10th 2005, 8:04 pm
I Know What's Going On!

SteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the roughSteveBannister is a jewel in the rough

Hubby has this idea about sitting out by his pool, having a cigarette, with the music from his jukebox softly playing next to his bar in the games room.

I think he's forgetting the noise from the two kids fighting over everything and anything and me nagging him to clear up after himself and give up smoking !!

Still, what would he dream about if his dream came true ?

lol...nice dream, though!