Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Joondalup, Perth - is it a good area?

Joondalup, Perth - is it a good area?

Old Jul 18th 2008, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Joondalup, Perth - is it a good area?

Originally Posted by nickyjohnt
The only place's that are soulless,joyless and unimaginative are the people who make it so.
Ahh, the oft-shouted cry of The New Australian.

I think that it's probably safe to say that even the most athletic, all-conquering new Australian hero would not find anything remotely inspiring about Warwick, Edgewater, Carine, Duncraig, Woodvale, Morley, Balcatta, Padbury, Whitfords, Mullalloo, Wembley (need I go on?).

Unless, of course, you get off on endless miles of legoland houses broken by the occasional legoland suburban shopping centre and the obligatory indentikit kids playground.

Anyhow, my point was that Joondalup is no better and no worse than all of the other suburbs which I've been to in Perth - and I think that the poster was talking about the physical appearance of the suburb - not the ability to access the one hundred and one variations of AusKick.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 2:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

nickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond reputenickyjohnt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NKSK version 2
Ahh, the oft-shouted cry of The New Australian.

I think that it's probably safe to say that even the most athletic, all-conquering new Australian hero would not find anything remotely inspiring about Warwick, Edgewater, Carine, Duncraig, Woodvale, Morley, Balcatta, Padbury, Whitfords, Mullalloo, Wembley (need I go on?).

Unless, of course, you get off on endless miles of legoland houses broken by the occasional legoland suburban shopping centre and the obligatory indentikit kids playground.

Anyhow, my point was that Joondalup is no better and no worse than all of the other suburbs which I've been to in Perth - and I think that the poster was talking about the physical appearance of the suburb - not the ability to access the one hundred and one variations of AusKick.
Old Jul 18th 2008, 3:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

NKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond reputeNKSK version 2 has a reputation beyond repute

Is feigning sleep your usual response to people who challenge your delusion?
Old Jul 19th 2008, 1:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

BadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond reputeBadgeIsBack has a reputation beyond repute

The only place's that are soulless,joyless and unimaginative are the people who make it so.
From what I've heard then based on this site, that what would be anything from respectable little Englanders to cashed up chavs who would be as at home there as in Bluewater or Lakeside(!)
Old Jul 28th 2008, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

direct2dubai is a jewel in the roughdirect2dubai is a jewel in the roughdirect2dubai is a jewel in the roughdirect2dubai is a jewel in the roughdirect2dubai is a jewel in the rough

Thanks to all for your responses.... I've been looking into buying off the plan property in Perth (CBD or surrounding areas). The CBD is quite highly priced with 2 b/rooms starting at around 900k AUD and these are usually not very spacious either. It seems more value for money buying in some of the surrounding suburbs, however off the plan properties are not too many, so choice is limited. If anyone knows or hears of any of these developments (apartments or townhouses), please let me know.
Old Jul 28th 2008, 9:04 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by direct2dubai
If anyone knows or hears of any of these developments (apartments or townhouses), please let me know.
Here is one: http://www.joondalup.diploma.com.au/about.asp

To find more, go to www.realestate.com.au Choose WA, then Joondalup, and apartments.

The above is on the first page. Couldn't be bothered to look further, but there may well be others. If you want to invest from overseas, you need to do a bit of "fingerwork" on the computer and then maybe register an interest with local estate agents.

Gina