Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Joondalup, Kinross or Rockingham

Joondalup, Kinross or Rockingham

Old Sep 17th 2008, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all
Default Joondalup, Kinross or Rockingham

Most of you who regularly visit this site probably know my situation. I have 3 kids 4, 2 and 5 weeks. My OH and I can't make up our minds whether to move to Kinross, Joondalup and surrounding area or the Rockingham area and hoped you could provide us with your views. No doubt we will visit some areas but my wife wants to settle very quickly. My 2 daughters (4) love sport clubs ie running, swimming and gymnastics. They also love the idea of horse riding. My son (5 weeks) will also be sporty!! Apart from sport we want good schooling and easy access to shops and beach. My OH still thinks she is a model and loves good clothes shops!
Old Sep 17th 2008, 1:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Joondalup, Kinross or Rockingham

Well you've covered most expectations. As mentioned in previous threads, you need to know where you will work, then you can decide where you will live. There are opportunities for your kids North or South of the river.
Stop being so fickle and make a decision on what you really want.
Old Sep 17th 2008, 1:57 pm
Forum Regular

daddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to alldaddyofthree is a name known to all

Thanks mate. I'll settle quite easily anywhere it's just making sure that my kids are happy and can get access to what they alreaady have very easy access to here within a mile radius. Work strangely enough won't be too much of a problem for a year or two so finding the correct area for kids is the importance. If you live in Perth are you saying that these sport facilities are available in both Kinross and Rockingham areas? Cheers
Old Sep 17th 2008, 4:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Kath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond reputeKath & Graham has a reputation beyond repute

We lived in Kinross and I can honestly say I thought it was a great suburb, walk to school, train station just up the road, beach five minutes away, quite nice houses, park and Joondalup shopping centre 5 minutes away by car.

I really liked that suburb, mind you I liked Rockingham when we visited there as well

Kinross very central and drive 35 minutes to Perth City..

Arena Sports Centre just up the road as well. with a nice swimming bath..
Old Sep 18th 2008, 2:31 am
Just Joined

Caz-an-Felix is an unknown quantity at this point

All of those areas are really good, alot of English choose that area, I live close to Joondalup but moving to Hillarys soon.

Your children will love the Arena sports centre my younger siblings do and it has a great gym for me and my partner too :-)
Old Sep 18th 2008, 2:42 am
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by daddyofthree
My OH and I can't make up our minds whether to move to Kinross, Joondalup and surrounding area or the Rockingham area and hoped you could provide us with your views.
Youv'e asked this question at least ten times since you became a BE member! In addition you've asked about working as a teacher, opening a sandwich shop and maybe moving to Melbourne and what benefits you can claim the minute who set foot on Australian soil. An awful ot of people have taken the time to patiently answer your questions.

Give it a rest!

Come over, stay in a furnished rental or caravan park for a couple of weeks, drive around - then make up your mind.

Gina
Old Sep 18th 2008, 4:49 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

I'd say Joondalup/Kinross. I like it here.

My experience of "Rocky" aka "the swinging pig" is that there are too many ferals living there.
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:19 pm
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by renth
I'd say Joondalup/Kinross. I like it here.

My experience of "Rocky" aka "the swinging pig" is that there are too many ferals living there.
Here we go again
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:29 pm
BE Forum Addict

sj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud ofsj oldfield has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by gobbyjock
Here we go again
Definately Kinross!!!!
Old Sep 18th 2008, 1:43 pm
Forum Regular

Rastis will become famous soon enough

You will find all you need to know about Rockingham here

http://www.rockingham.wa.gov.au/Majo...ts-complex.php
Old Sep 18th 2008, 2:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

LouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond reputeLouiseR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GinaUK
Youv'e asked this question at least ten times since you became a BE member! In addition you've asked about working as a teacher, opening a sandwich shop and maybe moving to Melbourne and what benefits you can claim the minute who set foot on Australian soil. An awful ot of people have taken the time to patiently answer your questions.

Give it a rest!

Come over, stay in a furnished rental or caravan park for a couple of weeks, drive around - then make up your mind.

Gina
Old Sep 18th 2008, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Loch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to beholdLoch Lomond is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by daddyofthree
Most of you who regularly visit this site probably know my situation. I have 3 kids 4, 2 and 5 weeks. My OH and I can't make up our minds whether to move to Kinross, Joondalup and surrounding area or the Rockingham area and hoped you could provide us with your views. No doubt we will visit some areas but my wife wants to settle very quickly. My 2 daughters (4) love sport clubs ie running, swimming and gymnastics. They also love the idea of horse riding. My son (5 weeks) will also be sporty!! Apart from sport we want good schooling and easy access to shops and beach. My OH still thinks she is a model and loves good clothes shops!
I have bought a motor home that sleeps 6, has hot and cold water, shower, toilet, large fridge/freezer, plasma tv and dvd. If you want I will rent this to you to allow you to check out each area and then decide where you want to stay. PM me.