Reload this Page >

Joint Bank accounts

Joint Bank accounts

Old Apr 29th 2002, 5:08 pm
Just Joined

LeeW is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Joint Bank accounts

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know if London interpret the financial side of a defacto or interdependant relationship as requiring a joint bank account for the application to be approved. ihad been told previously that this wasn't necessary if we had other evidence. But now I hear that applications lodged in London where the applicant doesn't have a joint bank account with the sponsor are extremely difficult.

If you've heard anything or had any experience with London on this matter could you let me know.

Thanks

Lee
Old Apr 29th 2002, 6:05 pm
BE Enthusiast

sophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nicesophia is just really nice
Default Re: Joint Bank accounts

Hi Lee

I can only tell you our own experience, we haven't nor have ever had a joint bank account and we got accepted. However, ours was a spouse visa and not a prospective spouse one so I'm not sure if the rules are different....you wouldn't think so though, would you?

sophia x
Old Apr 29th 2002, 8:30 pm
Protect The Inn

I hope not, we don't have one and my app form is going off tomorrow.

We have evidence over the last 7 years to prove out relationship and hope that will
hold stead.

My parents have never had a joint bank account but they have been together for
30+ years.

Dave "sophia" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > Hi Lee
    >
    > I can only tell you our own experience, we haven't nor have ever had a joint bank
    > account and we got accepted. However, ours was a spouse visa and not a prospective
    > spouse one so I'm not sure if the rules are different....you wouldn't think so
    > though, would you?
    >
    > sophia x
    >
    >
    >
    > --
    > Katpash
    >
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Apr 29th 2002, 8:39 pm
Just Joined

virgil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Lee
I hope this isn't true either.
Where did you hear the rumour from?
Old May 1st 2002, 4:00 pm
Lee

virgil <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi Lee I hope this isn't true either. Where did you hear the rumour from?

An agent told me this morning that "most married couples do have a joint bank
account, and that if you don't have a joint bank account a statement should be
included with the application explaining the reasons for this and that they have to
be good reasons".

The same agent that told me two months ago that joint bank accounts were not
necessary, so long as other proof were available to show sharing of financial
liabilities.

Seems to me that if the above statement is true, then only if you have a joint bank
account can you be considered to be in a true relationship - which is a complete
load of rubbish! Which means I haven't been in a relationship for the past 2 and a
half years.

Would any of the Agents on here like to comment on this??

Old May 2nd 2002, 1:30 am
Protect The Inn

This is the 21st century - women work and often earn more than men, people no longer
waste money on marriage and the subsequent divorce.

It seems to me that DIMA need to drag themselves into the modern day.

I would like to think that they assess each case on the evidence provided and
don't just stamp 'rejected' on the app form just because of the lack of a joint
bank account.

I could set up a joint bank account in a matter of hours - i fail to see what
this proves

Dave "Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
    > virgil <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > > Hi Lee I hope this isn't true either. Where did you hear the rumour from?
    >
    > An agent told me this morning that "most married couples do have a joint bank
    > account, and that if you don't have a joint bank account a statement should be
    > included with the application explaining the reasons for this and that they have to
    > be good reasons".
    >
    > The same agent that told me two months ago that joint bank accounts were not
    > necessary, so long as other proof were available to show sharing of financial
    > liabilities.
    >
    > Seems to me that if the above statement is true, then only if you have a joint bank
    > account can you be considered to be in a true relationship - which is a complete
    > load of rubbish! Which means I haven't been in a relationship for the past 2 and a
    > half years.
    >
    > Would any of the Agents on here like to comment on this??

Old May 2nd 2002, 8:30 am
Lee

Default Re: Joint Bank accounts - Any Agents Like to comment?

I'd like to think so too.

I have no intentions of opening a joint bank account once I had submitted my
application, (as suggested by one Agent), as this would be meaningless! Instead I'm
off to my solicitor once again to get yet anotehr statement witnessed explaining we
have no joint bank account as we do not feel that we need one.

"Protect The Innocent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > This is the 21st century - women work and often earn more than men, people no
    > longer waste money on marriage and the subsequent divorce.
    >
    > It seems to me that DIMA need to drag themselves into the modern day.
    >
    > I would like to think that they assess each case on the evidence provided and don't
    > just stamp 'rejected' on the app form just because of the lack of a joint bank
    > account.
    >
    > I could set up a joint bank account in a matter of hours - i fail to see what
    > this proves
    >
    > Dave "Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > virgil <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Hi Lee I hope this isn't true either. Where did you hear the rumour from?
    > >
    > > An agent told me this morning that "most married couples do have a joint bank
    > > account, and that if you don't have a joint bank account a statement should be
    > > included with the application explaining the reasons for this and that they have
    > > to be good reasons".
    > >
    > > The same agent that told me two months ago that joint bank accounts were not
    > > necessary, so long as other proof were available to show sharing of financial
    > > liabilities.
    > >
    > > Seems to me that if the above statement is true, then only if you have a joint
    > > bank account can you be considered to be in a true relationship - which is a
    > > complete load of rubbish! Which means I haven't been in a relationship for the
    > > past 2 and a half years.
    > >
    > > Would any of the Agents on here like to comment on this??

Old May 2nd 2002, 3:00 pm
Thunder Ace

"Protect The Innocent" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > This is the 21st century - women work and often earn more than men, people no
    > longer waste money on marriage and the subsequent divorce.
    >

Bollocks! any family lawyer will tell you that divorce business is thriving, so it is
not the case that people are no longer spending money on divorces. As for wasting
money on marriage, I expect that most happily married couples will tell you that they
have not wasted their money and I will add my voice to that. I have no problem with
couples living together outside of marriage, but I do have a problem with the cynical
notion that marriage is somehow superflous just because de facto relationships are
common. And I can also understand why it is easier to prove a relationship if the
couple involved are married. Of course it's easier, there is a certificate to prove
it without which you have to provide outher sources of proof, such as a joint
account, which in most cases proves little in itself, but is an indication of a
financial committment made between a couple. You would not expect an assessing
authority to accept you work that you have relevant experience, you would have to
prove it. What's different witha relationship?

Stop whingeing about the process and just follow it. You want your visa don't you?

Yours very old fashioned and out date

Thunder Ace.

> It seems to me that DIMA need to drag themselves into the modern day.
    >
    > I would like to think that they assess each case on the evidence provided and don't
    > just stamp 'rejected' on the app form just because of the lack of a joint bank
    > account.
    >
    > I could set up a joint bank account in a matter of hours - i fail to see what
    > this proves

>
    > Dave "Lee" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > virgil <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:<[email protected]>...
    > > > Hi Lee I hope this isn't true either. Where did you hear the rumour from?
    > >
    > > An agent told me this morning that "most married couples do have a joint bank
    > > account, and that if you don't have a joint bank account a statement should be
    > > included with the application explaining the reasons for this and that they have
    > > to be good reasons".
    > >
    > > The same agent that told me two months ago that joint bank accounts were not
    > > necessary, so long as other proof were available to show sharing of financial
    > > liabilities.
    > >
    > > Seems to me that if the above statement is true, then only if you have a joint
    > > bank account can you be considered to be in a true relationship - which is a
    > > complete load of rubbish! Which means I haven't been in a relationship for the
    > > past 2 and a half years.
    > >
    > > Would any of the Agents on here like to comment on this??