Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

joining my friends in port kennedy

joining my friends in port kennedy

Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:16 am
lisa

lisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nice
Talking joining my friends in port kennedy

hi im a theatre nurse who is looking to emigrate to oz in the next year or so. we have friends in port kennedy and dropping in on them february 2007. we have two boys age 3 and 8 and want a better life for them. my husband is a prison officer and would take up employment as one, but we are worried that we wouldnt meet many people and find it hard to adapt. i would be delighted if anyone can give me advice, positive and negative, and would love to hear from any nurses especially to calm my nerves.lisa
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:24 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: joining my friends in port kennedy

Originally Posted by lisabarber
hi im a theatre nurse who is looking to emigrate to oz in the next year or so. we have friends in port kennedy and dropping in on them february 2007. we have two boys age 3 and 8 and want a better life for them. my husband is a prison officer and would take up employment as one, but we are worried that we wouldnt meet many people and find it hard to adapt. i would be delighted if anyone can give me advice, positive and negative, and would love to hear from any nurses especially to calm my nerves.lisa
Hi Lisa, I can't help much I'm afraid as i'm not in Oz yet and not a nurse!

But wanted to say welcome to the forum anyway

Kath x
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:28 am
lisa

lisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nicelisabarber is just really nice
Smile Re: joining my friends in port kennedy

thanks alot, took me ages to get on this and activate the account, are you thinking of going over as well.i think whatever your job its abig step. have you seen the film close encounters of the third kind, well its like that for me at the moment. everywhere i turn oz is calling me. its a sign.lisa
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:32 am

Clippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond reputeClippy has a reputation beyond repute

thanks alot, took me ages to get on this and activate the account, are you thinking of going over as well.i think whatever your job its abig step. have you seen the film close encounters of the third kind, well its like that for me at the moment. everywhere i turn oz is calling me. its a sign.lisa
Lol yes I know what you mean. Yes we're planning on moving over, never been before but off for a reccie in June. Husband is a Carpenter/Joiner so he's on the MODL - we've been working on his TRA skills assessment for months, it's a nightmare. Gathering the information is taking ages. Have you started your application process?
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck to both of you
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:36 am
lisa

no not yey, we can go on my points alone with being a nurse, hubby about to do night course in IT but ive syked him up to go as prison officer. he works at risley prison at the moment and has done for 13 years. i would prefer him to do something else , but it cant be as bad as grisley risley.lisa
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:39 am
lisa

thanks a lot. my friends are over there and need to know theres more to life than england.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:42 am
BE Forum Addict

Teliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond reputeTeliko21 has a reputation beyond repute

Having friends here already is sure to make it easier for you than it is for many people who move over here
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:45 am
lisa

they live in port kennedy and are great.she is an anaesthetic technician and her brother in law went 10 months ago to follow, hes the same.weve been in touch loads and going to see them next year, so fingers crossed. ive also got a friend whose in sydney backpacking so she can give me the info when she comes back. my little boy sam loves your dog.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:47 am
BE Forum Addict

they live in port kennedy and are great.she is an anaesthetic technician and her brother in law went 10 months ago to follow, hes the same.weve been in touch loads and going to see them next year, so fingers crossed. ive also got a friend whose in sydney backpacking so she can give me the info when she comes back. my little boy sam loves your dog.
hahaha everyone loves my dog! He is actually quite famous, we don't seem to be able to go for a walk without a japanese tourist taking his pic, and in fact he was mobbed by about 15 of them in the Botanical Gardens a few weeks back and we had to sneak out of a side gate and run away
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:51 am
lisa

he is lovely japanese people love taking pictures my husband fainted in seaworld in florida and they took his picture! we have a black cairn terier called zoe, shes ten in september and hopefully fit to travel, she still finds the energy to chase squirells in our garden, but shes lovely and loves my sons.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 8:56 am
BE Forum Addict

he is lovely japanese people love taking pictures my husband fainted in seaworld in florida and they took his picture! we have a black cairn terier called zoe, shes ten in september and hopefully fit to travel, she still finds the energy to chase squirells in our garden, but shes lovely and loves my sons.
*crosses fingers* that Zoe can join you in Oz, she will love it too If I ever have to go back to the UK, Yuri has had his rabies vaccination so he can travel with me and not have to go into quarantine for however long it is Zoe sounds like she still has the energy of a younger dog so as long as she stays healthy it sounds hopeful for her to travel. From what I have heard, the animals travelling on the planes get looked after better than the passengers in cattle class so expect she will have a ball
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 9:03 am
lisa

Red face Re: joining my friends in port kennedy

yuri thats a cute name. where in england did you live before. warrington is in cheshire, and its freezing here at the moment, the central heatings on overtime. zoe hopefully will be fit to travel, shes in the garden stalking a cat at the moment, shes to small, if it chased her back shed have a heart attack, thats girley dogs for you.
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

I was from near Taunton in Somerset. My parents tell me it is pretty cold there as well at the moment, and to make it worse they are having building work done on the house and it is open to the elements at the moment so they may as well be living in a tent

Yuri hates anything that moves except for his frisbee He used to chase our cat but even though she is so much smaller than he is, she gave him an ass whooping as a kitten so he hasn't bothered her since
Old Feb 22nd 2006, 9:13 am
lisa

it is freezing, i feel sorry for your parents, even zoe doesnt want to go out for a tinkle. shes got about eight tennis balls in her bed so we keep throwing them around to keep her active.im going to log off now as we are going to toys r us, thats about as exciting as it gets. nice chatting to you and will be probably back on line later.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.