Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Joiner taking tools

Joiner taking tools

Old Sep 20th 2008, 2:43 pm
Forum Regular

scrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the rough
Default Joiner taking tools

I have secured a sponsor in the perth area and as the time is getting closer I am starting to think what to do about tools.
We are not planning on doing much household shipping (only what is necessary) but what have people with tools.
I am a joiner and using tools every day and will do up to the visa being granted. When I arrive I will be starting work almost immediately and need tools. Has anyone ever shipped tools by plane like DHL or does any body know of another way? Taking by ship would take months
Old Sep 20th 2008, 4:49 pm
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future
Default Re: Joiner taking tools

Originally Posted by scrappyhappy8
I have secured a sponsor in the perth area and as the time is getting closer I am starting to think what to do about tools.
We are not planning on doing much household shipping (only what is necessary) but what have people with tools.
I am a joiner and using tools every day and will do up to the visa being granted. When I arrive I will be starting work almost immediately and need tools. Has anyone ever shipped tools by plane like DHL or does any body know of another way? Taking by ship would take months
My OH is a maintenance fitter and he shipped 175kg of tools back in April with Excess Baggage, have used them to ship a bike, golf clubs and other stuff, would recommend using them, very good, they deliver the boxes you just pack them, quite straightforward really, just gotta make sure everything is clean thought.
Old Sep 20th 2008, 8:28 pm
Forum Regular

scrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the roughscrappyhappy8 is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by andreak
My OH is a maintenance fitter and he shipped 175kg of tools back in April with Excess Baggage, have used them to ship a bike, golf clubs and other stuff, would recommend using them, very good, they deliver the boxes you just pack them, quite straightforward really, just gotta make sure everything is clean thought.
thanks for the reply.
how long did it take? The problem is I need to be able to use the tools as close as possible to departure date and as soon as possible after i get there.
can you remember how much the 175kg cost you?
Old Sep 27th 2008, 7:14 am
Forum Regular

andreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant futureandreak has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by scrappyhappy8
thanks for the reply.
how long did it take? The problem is I need to be able to use the tools as close as possible to departure date and as soon as possible after i get there.
can you remember how much the 175kg cost you?
Sorry taken me a bit of time to get answer, OH in Oz said it was £743.75 and he had to pay $97 Quarantine costs, as i said used Excess baggage took about three weeks from leaving our house to arriving at the doorstep in Oz, hope this helps
Andrea