Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

joiner licencing

joiner licencing

Old Aug 4th 2007, 7:38 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light
Default joiner licencing

HI,
Can someone give me some info on licencing and blue cards please. OH is a carpenter/joiner and we are planning on heading to Brisbane/gold coast. I have done a search on here but can't find the info.

Thanks u lot
Sharon
x
Old Aug 4th 2007, 8:03 am

cresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond reputecresta57 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: joiner licencing

Originally Posted by shabee
HI,
Can someone give me some info on licencing and blue cards please. OH is a carpenter/joiner and we are planning on heading to Brisbane/gold coast. I have done a search on here but can't find the info.

Thanks u lot
Sharon
x
Licencing is here http://www.bsa.qld.gov.au/Home/Default.htm

Blue cards here http://www.bluecardinduction.com.au/...FRNhIgodGGBHcw
Old Aug 4th 2007, 8:20 am
BE Enthusiast

shabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of lightshabee is a glorious beacon of light

How quick was that!!! You are a star
Thanks
Sharon
x
Old Aug 4th 2007, 12:24 pm
Forum Regular

stu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to all

ive been out here18 months i to am a joiner in oz they call themselves carpenters mostly joiners only seem to work in workshops only there is plenty of work available in the gold coast area but its the same story as back in the uk its who you know so take anything initialy then gain your contacts,i find the wages ok with some overtime i take home avg $1200 plus 9% super paid and generally the blokes are good to work alongside
Old Aug 4th 2007, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stu66
ive been out here18 months i to am a joiner in oz they call themselves carpenters mostly joiners only seem to work in workshops only there is plenty of work available in the gold coast area but its the same story as back in the uk its who you know so take anything initialy then gain your contacts,i find the wages ok with some overtime i take home avg $1200 plus 9% super paid and generally the blokes are good to work alongside
Hi Stu,
What sort of work are you doing?
My hubby will be pleased to here about the work situation over there. Did you have any problems getting licenced, and did it take you long to get a job.

Sorry for all the questions but we are hungry for information.

Sharon

Last edited by shabee; Aug 4th 2007 at 12:31 pm. Reason: wrong name
Old Aug 4th 2007, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

stu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to allstu66 is a name known to all

i found a job straight away but i already had contacts i am working as a formwork carpenter ,i am directly employed so i dont need to be licensed which is the norm,i think its a bit of a paperwork trail to get a license like most other things in oz they love form filling.i have looked at the house building industry but it seems a bit cut throat and you need a large amount of power tools compressors etc if i can help further glad to
Old Aug 5th 2007, 1:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by stu66
i found a job straight away but i already had contacts i am working as a formwork carpenter ,i am directly employed so i dont need to be licensed which is the norm,i think its a bit of a paperwork trail to get a license like most other things in oz they love form filling.i have looked at the house building industry but it seems a bit cut throat and you need a large amount of power tools compressors etc if i can help further glad to
Hi Stu,
Thanks for that. I thought that you had to be licenced full stop, thats good to know that if you are employed you dont. I really like the look of the Gold Coast.
Can you tell me what the property rental market is like there, we are planning on renting for a while.
(by the way you are now a contact hahaha)
Sharon
Old Aug 6th 2007, 12:10 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by shabee
Hi Stu,
Thanks for that. I thought that you had to be licenced full stop, thats good to know that if you are employed you dont. I really like the look of the Gold Coast.
Can you tell me what the property rental market is like there, we are planning on renting for a while.
(by the way you are now a contact hahaha)
Sharon
i know i got sucked in only been reading up to now ,the rental market is very competitive all over oz at present if you log onto real estate.com.au and check the rentals out it will give you a good idea, average rent is $400 a week, i would advise to try and get rental sorted out before you get here, we live just into nsw but most of the work is around the gc area but lucky at mo job 10 mins from home