Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Johnny Howard's New ****** Up Workplace Laws

Johnny Howard's New ****** Up Workplace Laws

Old Jun 1st 2005, 11:06 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Johnny Howard's New ****** Up Workplace Laws

Originally Posted by NedKelly
Why should anyone have to employ a scumbag. If you don't like the workers face why shouldn't the employer be allowed to sack him. The employer pays the wages. If the worker doesn't like doing what the boss says tough. That's what he is paid to do.
Dear Ned, you have so much yet to learn my friend. Life isn't black and white and all this right wing economics shit really helps oppress people who can't climb out of the pit without some support.

Look; where are all the good quality Australian shoes, and clothing industries now? Long gone on the scrap heap and the lives of those that were connected to them. Now we have cheap and nasty crap from China. Speaking of which we now have chinese vegetables here that are sold at such low prices that our own growers can't compete, and whatsmore they are contaminated with agents not allowed to be used in this country!

THANKS COLES-MYER & WOOLWORTHS
Old Jun 1st 2005, 11:18 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Dear Ned, you have so much yet to learn my friend.
If you look like your avatar you can be my friend any day.

Life isn't black and white and all this right wing economics shit really helps oppress people who can't climb out of the pit without some support.
I thought that is what the rich people pay all these taxes for, to help the poor folk.

Look; where are all the good quality Australian shoes, and clothing industries now? Long gone on the scrap heap and the lives of those that were connected to them. Now we have cheap and nasty crap from China.
Yes, but that is because the workers get here get paid too much and it then becomes cheaper to buy the goods from overseas rather than make them ourselves.

Speaking of which we now have chinese vegetables here that are sold at such low prices that our own growers can't compete, and whatsmore they are contaminated with agents not allowed to be used in this country!
There is absolutely no excuse for that, blame the politicians.

They employ lots of workers!
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

Dear Ned, you have so much yet to learn my friend. Life isn't black and white and all this right wing economics shit really helps oppress people who can't climb out of the pit without some support.

Look; where are all the good quality Australian shoes, and clothing industries now? Long gone on the scrap heap and the lives of those that were connected to them. Now we have cheap and nasty crap from China. Speaking of which we now have chinese vegetables here that are sold at such low prices that our own growers can't compete, and whatsmore they are contaminated with agents not allowed to be used in this country!

KC, are there any good outlets for buying locally grown organic produce in Perth? One of the things that infuriates me in the UK is the difficulty in buying decent fruit and veg, although we aren't flooded by anything fresh coming from China thankfully
Breast Inspector

zx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond reputezx10r_aus has a reputation beyond repute

Why should anyone have to employ a scumbag. If you don't like the workers face why shouldn't the employer be allowed to sack him. The employer pays the wages. If the worker doesn't like doing what the boss says tough. That's what he is paid to do.

It all depends on what the boss asks you to do. I was asked to drive a truck to the coast, I had driven the truck the previous day and it had faulty brakes. The problem wasn't fixed so I refused to drive the truck, I was then given an official warning and told to go home. As this was the only truck available it was a temp worker took it and had an accident, Cause of accident was due to brake Fail. The boss was happy to risk my life and other motorists lives for the sake of money.
Jim
Old Jun 1st 2005, 11:20 am
BE Enthusiast

boom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this pointboom_meringue is an unknown quantity at this point

They employ lots of workers!
at shit wages so they cannot afford houses or a decent standard of living.

It's idiots like you that have aided the rich to get richer and the poor poorer. I sincerely hope that one day you are on your arse and broke so that you can see the stupidity in pissing away employment rights and social cohesion in the hunt for low tax and low regulation
Old Jun 1st 2005, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

NedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond reputeNedKelly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
It all depends on what the boss asks you to do. I was asked to drive a truck to the coast, I had driven the truck the previous day and it had faulty brakes. The problem wasn't fixed so I refused to drive the truck, I was then given an official warning and told to go home. As this was the only truck available it was a temp worker took it and had an accident, Cause of accident was due to brake Fail. The boss was happy to risk my life and other motorists lives for the sake of money.
Jim
Then report him to the police and leave the company.
Old Jun 1st 2005, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Steve&Clare
at shit wages so they cannot afford houses or a decent standard of living.

It's idiots like you that have aided the rich to get richer and the poor poorer. I sincerely hope that one day you are on your arse and broke so that you can see the stupidity in pissing away employment rights and social cohesion in the hunt for low tax and low regulation
Oh you are going to love it over here. Let's see how long you last in your first job, if any fool gives you one.