Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

John Masons - waste of time

Wikiposts

John Masons - waste of time

Old Jan 31st 2003, 9:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to beholdCarrianne is a splendid one to behold

I have had a quote on line well the click round the room but no contact from them, also had a quote from Anglo Pacific highly recommeded to me they where very helpful and gave me a rough quote on the phone as John Masons do not have space for

Camera stuff
Computer and printer and software.

Anglo pacfic was a very competative quote

Carrianne
Old Jan 31st 2003, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

smiths2 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: John Masons - waste of time

Originally posted by heading downunder 2002
We used John Masons to move us to Brisbane and all I can say is excellent service. Out of all of our friends who came out at the same time with other companies we were the only ones who had no breakages, the service this end from the Company they use over here, Wridgeways was fantastic within two weeks of the ship arriving we had all our possesions. We had to have some things sent groupage as there was too much for one container and because it was groupage John Masons sent it to a different company from Wridgeways because a container was going to them and so we should get our things quicker, ship arrived 29th of November they delivered the things last week!!!!!

I can't recommend John Masons enough. It is a very stressfull time moving and they helped take some of that stress away.

Perhaps you should have phoned them rather than e-mail them, you never know something has maybe happened to the rep who came out to see you.
Didn't email the rep who came out but the sales advisor. When you have millions of things to do, you can't keep chasing people. Especially if there are others that don't need chasing. Glad you had a positive customer experience though.

Doesn't really matter now as I'm going with Robinsons who had the written quote to me the day after the visit.

Cheers

Steve
Old Jan 31st 2003, 10:24 pm
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: John Masons - waste of time

We used John Masons Liverpool and they have been excellent. My mum has also got quotes from various people and they were the cheapest and the quickest at responding. My sister and husband used them in October and have also found the service faultless. Dont know whether it is cos we are quite local to the offices but I wouldnt hesitate to recoemmend them.
Old Jan 31st 2003, 11:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,We got a quote from masons the day after stevebannister and found them very professional ,with there quote arriving a few days later.Allied pickfords were cheaper,although masons said if you get a cheaper quote come back to them.I`m not to keen on that system as they should be giving a more competitive quote first time.(although I realise they are their to make money)Can any body else who have used pickfords recommend there service?
Old Feb 1st 2003, 12:06 am
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point

We had a quote from pickford's,he walked around the house and then quoted for 409cuft, next day bishop's blatchpack came walked around and quoted for 250 cuft, so we went with blatchpack,delivered boxes we have filled them and he was right only 250cuft, and the price was half!!!!!!!

Sue
Old Feb 1st 2003, 12:09 am
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

what was the price??
Old Feb 1st 2003, 7:37 am
BE Enthusiast

Grub is an unknown quantity at this point

Well the other quote my mum got was Pickfords and they were 800 pounds more expensive so she went with Mason!

Originally posted by jockney
Hi,We got a quote from masons the day after stevebannister and found them very professional ,with there quote arriving a few days later.Allied pickfords were cheaper,although masons said if you get a cheaper quote come back to them.I`m not to keen on that system as they should be giving a more competitive quote first time.(although I realise they are their to make money)Can any body else who have used pickfords recommend there service?
Old Feb 1st 2003, 8:14 am
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by r.bartlett
what was the price??

Pickfords was £2257 to Coff's or £1983 to Adelaide(409 cuft).
Blatchpack was £1090 to Coff's or £1440 to Adelaide(250 cuft).
Also had a quote from 1st Move International £1813.46 to Adelaide (250 cu ft).

What we did is mark out in tape on the floor (eg 250 cuft is 35 sq ft or 8ft high,5ft wide,7 ft deep) and then fill up any old boxes just to show you how you can fit in.
We did this because, one said we would need 409 cuft, the other said 250 cuft.

Hope this will help anyone.

Sue
Old Feb 1st 2003, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

r.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant futurer.bartlett has a brilliant future

thanks sue

i think it helps a lot ;-)

cheers

richard
Old Feb 2nd 2003, 2:34 am
BE Enthusiast

jockney is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by sue5665
Pickfords was £2257 to Coff's or £1983 to Adelaide(409 cuft).
Blatchpack was £1090 to Coff's or £1440 to Adelaide(250 cuft).
Also had a quote from 1st Move International £1813.46 to Adelaide (250 cu ft).

What we did is mark out in tape on the floor (eg 250 cuft is 35 sq ft or 8ft high,5ft wide,7 ft deep) and then fill up any old boxes just to show you how you can fit in.
We did this because, one said we would need 409 cuft, the other said 250 cuft.

Hope this will help anyone.

Sue
Thanks for that,opened my eyes a bit`dirty conning bastards.Ihope you pointed this to pickfords, somebody needs sacked.John masons have quoted us for 100cuft more than pickfords even though Iwent round with masons and ticked off item by item from the pickfords quote sheet?