Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

John Masons are here

John Masons are here

Old Jun 28th 2003, 11:25 am
Forum Regular

Location: St Austell, Cornwall to 'Coff's Harbour NSW, then Adelaide - back to Cornwall- back to Oz hopefully
sue5665 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Mash,
Give me a ring when you get to Adelaide as we will be there from 5th July, where will you be staying?
Have a great flight over.
Sue
Old Jun 28th 2003, 12:44 pm
Forum Regular

hollywood110 is on a distinguished road

Originally posted by mashiraz
Thanks everyone,

Moved out yesterday, on my dad's PC now!

Kids are staying at the grandparents, but we are in a hotel. It's a bit chaotic living out of bags....

Just can't wait to go...couple of interviews lined up too, so the future looks interesting....

Let you know more soon
love Mash...
Good luck with the journey sweetie, have a great new life.

Love Sharon xx
Old Jun 28th 2003, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

mashiraz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: John Masons are here

And here's the proof...........

Mash
Attached Thumbnails John Masons are here-masons.jpg  

Last edited by mashiraz; Jun 28th 2003 at 8:46 pm.
Old Jun 28th 2003, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

DianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to allDianeOZ is a name known to all
Default Re: John Masons are here

Let me just give you all a little giggle on the John Masons packing things up front.

I know it tells you to put all things to one side that are not being packed but me being unorganised and naive didn't bother too much.

They packed anything and everything. My sons dirty clothes he had on the previous day, his manky rather "crusty" pyjamas, my collection of 2p and 1p coins (what the **** am I supposed to do with them in Oz - I can't exactly take the kids to the amusement
arcades to spend them!!). My husbands work bag with his lunch box full of tuna bits. It was mental!!

There underestimated how much stuff (Crap) we had and to to get a extra van and didn't finish till 10pm the next night.

You'll be glad to hear the crusty pyjamas and coin collection made it safely to the other side and now my youngest thinks he's loaded cos hes got lots of money!!

Diane
Old Jun 29th 2003, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

Chris000 is an unknown quantity at this point

when the packers came we put our customs and foot and mouth forms on a table, told them where they were and let them get on- at the end of a v.v. long day we realised that the forms had been packed along with the table- yep still on top of the table.Duh!!!! Kate. :scared:
Old Jun 29th 2003, 1:23 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Chris
when the packers came we put our customs and foot and mouth forms on a table, told them where they were and let them get on- at the end of a v.v. long day we realised that the forms had been packed along with the table- yep still on top of the table.Duh!!!! Kate. :scared:
we generally get people to put all there personel things ,bags suit cases etc. in the bathroom .most times [apart from the odd towel rail ]there is nothing to be removed from this area remember we are there to be service to you ,NOT your babysitters, also when we are working in your homes the onus is on you to provide [under occ/health&safety] to provide a safe work enviroment, one of our QLD employee,s just sued a couple who,s dog attacked him, causing arm lacerations, this after they assured the crew that the dog[rotwieler] was safe............. MM