Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

John Mason/Wridgways Removals

John Mason/Wridgways Removals

Old Mar 28th 2006, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

terrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really nice
Thumbs up John Mason/Wridgways Removals

I know there's already been posts regarding this, but I just thought I'd put a quick write up on our experience with John Masons and their Aussie counterparts Wridgways with our move. Firstly, they came in with a really competitive quote and were very efficient with paperwork and answering any questions we had - we had an assigned person to our shipment, and she was great.

The packers from John Masons were fantastic, very efficient and friendly. Everything was packed brilliantly, we didn't have any breakages at all - they even packed the garlic I'd forgotten to throw away in the kitchen!

Our ship arrived exactly when they said it would, and it took just over 2 weeks for our stuff to be cleared through customs which is about average I think? Wridgways turned up yesterday and, again, they got stuck straight into the job and were done by 4pm (just to mention, we moved a 4 bed house's worth of stuff).

So - did I say "quick write up" !!?? I would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone. We contacted them originally because of good recommendations on this website, and I'm glad to be one of them now.

All the best to those on the move

Nat (Mrs terrym)
Old Mar 28th 2006, 6:51 am
going "home" soon

RayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: John Mason/Wridgways Removals

thanks for info, we are just embarkinking on getting quotes..

Was there any reason why you chose these over the others?

Also, end to end how long did the shipment take?

Ray
Old Mar 28th 2006, 7:49 am
Forum Regular

terrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really niceterrym is just really nice

We chose them basically because they did exactly what they said they would - the made an appointment for an assessor to come round, called the day before to confirm and then got the quote out when they said they would. They were very impressive, and I'd also read a lot of good stuff about them on here.

Our stuff was packed and loaded 24/25 Jan, and the ship left port in the UK on 27 Jan and arrived at Brisbane on 4 March. Our container arrived on our driveway yesterday - it was cleared by customs last Thursday, so that was about 9 weeks in all.

Good luck with your move Ray, hope all goes well.

Nat
Old Mar 28th 2006, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

thribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond reputethribble has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by terrym
We chose them basically because they did exactly what they said they would - the made an appointment for an assessor to come round, called the day before to confirm and then got the quote out when they said they would. They were very impressive, and I'd also read a lot of good stuff about them on here.
You've sold me - and their website's fantastic. If the quote's good and they answer my questions (which is more than some others are doing!) they've got my vote. Thanks!
Old Mar 28th 2006, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

nursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant futurenursemand has a brilliant future

thanks also for info
we were thinking of JM and you have just sold us

now for a dumb questions can container arrive in Oz before you do?

we are thinking of sending once house packed and storing in Oz

Originally Posted by thribble
You've sold me - and their website's fantastic. If the quote's good and they answer my questions (which is more than some others are doing!) they've got my vote. Thanks!
Old Mar 28th 2006, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

Jayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant futureJayniebabes has a brilliant future

do you have website for these people?
Old Mar 28th 2006, 3:07 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by terrym
I know there's already been posts regarding this, but I just thought I'd put a quick write up on our experience with John Masons and their Aussie counterparts Wridgways with our move. Firstly, they came in with a really competitive quote and were very efficient with paperwork and answering any questions we had - we had an assigned person to our shipment, and she was great.

The packers from John Masons were fantastic, very efficient and friendly. Everything was packed brilliantly, we didn't have any breakages at all - they even packed the garlic I'd forgotten to throw away in the kitchen!

Our ship arrived exactly when they said it would, and it took just over 2 weeks for our stuff to be cleared through customs which is about average I think? Wridgways turned up yesterday and, again, they got stuck straight into the job and were done by 4pm (just to mention, we moved a 4 bed house's worth of stuff).

So - did I say "quick write up" !!?? I would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone. We contacted them originally because of good recommendations on this website, and I'm glad to be one of them now.

All the best to those on the move

Nat (Mrs terrym)
Good to hear, I have them coming to quote on Friday.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 3:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

irishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond reputeirishbloo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Anastasia Beaverhausen
Good to hear, I have them coming to quote on Friday.
hi we had john mason last week for a quote.the guy was very nice and chatty,he stayed two hours.then we had pps today.i thought that he was in a marathon.in an out in 30 minutes.he seemed in a hurry and a bit rushed.we have one more quote to come in and then we will choose.x irish
Old Mar 28th 2006, 3:22 pm
Is it the weekend yet?

Anastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond reputeAnastasia Beaverhausen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by irishbloo
hi we had john mason last week for a quote.the guy was very nice and chatty,he stayed two hours.then we had pps today.i thought that he was in a marathon.in an out in 30 minutes.he seemed in a hurry and a bit rushed.we have one more quote to come in and then we will choose.x irish
We have PSS and Excess baggage coming next week. 3 quotes should be enough I think.
Old Mar 28th 2006, 3:30 pm
Account Closed

iPom is an unknown quantity at this point

We had JM in as well as Doree Bonner. When I told JM on the phone we were using DB, the response was snotty and darn well rude. Completely unprofessional.

This whole removal thing seems to be a bit of a lottery anyway. Some people have fabulous service with a company and other people get lousy service. Who knows?!
Old Mar 28th 2006, 5:36 pm
going "home" soon

RayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of lightRayZor is a glorious beacon of light

http://gb.allied.com/
http://www.anglopacific.co.uk/index.htm
http://www.crownrelo.com/web/relo.nsf/index.htm
http://www.excessbaggage.co.uk/
http://www.johnmason.com/
http://www.pss.uk.com/Index.asp
Old Mar 28th 2006, 5:40 pm
Sam
here and staying

Sam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond reputeSam has a reputation beyond repute

We also had Robinson's around, very good service, offered same as Mason's
nice chap, explained loads, stayed for ages,
Old Mar 29th 2006, 12:44 am
Just Joined

Redhokie is an unknown quantity at this point

We used John Mason/Wridgeways when we moved over they were really great. We were not in the UK when the house was packed up but my parents said they were very professional. When our gear arrived Wridgways couldn't do enough to help, they unloaded the truck quickly, helped unpack and put the furniture together. I would highly recommend them.