John Brogden Suicide Attempt

Old Aug 31st 2005, 1:38 am

A dogs life is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: John Brogden Suicide Attempt

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Consider my hand up.

I've never been drunk before.
Sad bastard!!!

Next you'll be telling us you were never a teenager before, and you never rebelled against your parents.

Seriously if you've never been drunk, then your not qualified to comment on the pish people think and say when they are drunk. Its not true that drink makes the truth come out, its often the reverse.

Yes, I agree he shouldn't have got drunk in public, not when he is so high profile. But, sometimes you don't notice the amounts, the sizes of the measures or whatever. Especially when they are free!

So, really the current question is, should we sack government officals for getting pissed?

(I say 'current' question, cos their is alot more unproven allegations coming out of the woodwork now)
Old Aug 31st 2005, 1:51 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: John Brogden Suicide Attempt

Originally Posted by Flutterscutter
He did!

He was on the news appologising and said he took responsibility for it.
That's a start.

Now he can do the honourable thing and resign.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 2:08 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future

Silly little bugger has shown he does not have one particle what it takes.

What's the point of politicking if the aim is lower than shagging all the females? Well, as long as it does not become obligatory or compulsory.

A charismatic politician would have the husbands in awe.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 2:13 am
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spalen
Eh...?

this only happened about 36 hours ago in that time he has :

- Apologised publically
- Spoken personally to the people invovled and apologised ( 2 were friends )
- Been ridiculed in the press
- Been pilloried by the bloke & wife he commented upon
- Resigned from leadership job that would arguably have seen him as premier of NSW, a job he's been on target for since he was about 12
- God knows what he's going through with his wife who is probably kicking his ass all over the place
Sounds fair enough to me.

What were people supposed to do - laugh it off?

What more should he do? Sackcloth and ashes?
Resign from his party.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 2:13 am
BE Enthusiast

Flutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud ofFlutterscutter has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
I wasnt condoning kicking him when hes down or however you like to word it, but unfortunately most of the hounding no doubt is from the press & thats what they do. I do feel some pity for him, but its more that he was stupid enough to let it happen in the first place. But I still feel more sympathy for his family (especially for his poor wife - how humiliating) than for him .

Yeah good point. Poor woman.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 2:15 am
Fighting my corner

Originally Posted by A dogs life
Sad bastard!!!
Yes, I am indeed a sad bastard. We all know that a man is worth nothing unless he has puked his guts out in a public carpark, or violently attacked somebody after sinking two dozen pints and a bottle of voddy.

I hang my head in shame.

Next you'll be telling us you were never a teenager before, and you never rebelled against your parents.
Alas, I did both.

Seriously if you've never been drunk, then your not qualified to comment on the pish people think and say when they are drunk.
What absolute rot. That's like saying a psychiatrist is not qualified to comment on the feelings of a manic depressive if he's never been manic depressive himself.

My comment on Brogden's behaviour is that it was disgusting and indefensible. I don't need to have been drunk myself in order to reach that conclusion; it's just plain common sense.

Its not true that drink makes the truth come out, its often the reverse.
I agree with you entirely.

Yes, I agree he shouldn't have got drunk in public, not when he is so high profile. But, sometimes you don't notice the amounts, the sizes of the measures or whatever. Especially when they are free!

So, really the current question is, should we sack government officals for getting pissed?
No, we should sack them for getting drunk whilst on the job - particularly if they harrass other people and then attempt to escape the consequences by blaming it on the "demon drink."

People wouldn't get away with this in the private sector; why should anyone get away with it in politics?
Old Aug 31st 2005, 2:16 am
Fighting my corner

Thumbs up Re: John Brogden Suicide Attempt

Exactly.

If anyone deserves sympathy, it's her.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
If anyone deserves sympathy, it's her.

And not the women whos arses he pinched? Surely they are going through post traumatic stress as we speak
Old Aug 31st 2005, 2:23 am
Rocket Scientist

Location: Dreamland AKA Brisbane which is a different country to the UK
MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

And not the women whos arses he pinched? Surely they are going through post traumatic stress as we speak
Im heading down your way in a minute, stop being argumentative or I'll call in & put a muzzle on you .
Old Aug 31st 2005, 2:25 am

Originally Posted by MrsDagboy
Im heading down your way in a minute, stop being argumentative or I'll call in & put a muzzle on you .
I'll introduce you to Jock again
Old Aug 31st 2005, 2:29 am
Rocket Scientist

MrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond reputeMrsDagboy has a reputation beyond repute

I'll introduce you to Jock again
Ohhhh that sounds really bad, you've got a name for it? :scared: .
Old Aug 31st 2005, 3:06 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

This was a point when NSW needed a strong opposition now there is none but the greens and independants. The liberals are turning into a bunch of happy clappy anti-gay evangelical christians. Now in power we have a Morris nobody who gives in to the property and gambling industry and puts the state $300 million further into the red.

Brogdens antics are not new to Australian politics (remember Andrew Bartlett and the democrats self destruction) and it about time those making the laws we live by sober up whilst on the job. NSW recently turned down a law requiring members to be sober in parliament.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 3:07 am
She's Diddy, He's Not

diddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond reputediddy has a reputation beyond repute

The press is hardly a big issue over here. Imagine if he was British!!
Old Aug 31st 2005, 3:11 am
ABCDiamond

Can anyone imagine what she is feeling ?

Her future was almost certainly going to be the wife of the Premier of NSW, and then possibly even the wife of a future Prime Minister of Australia, (who knows), and now after a stupid evening, all that is lost to her !!

Jeez, if I did that to my wife, i'd be considering a permanent solution before I went home from the office too..

Old Aug 31st 2005, 3:49 am
Rocket Scientist

Originally Posted by ABCDiamond
Can anyone imagine what she is feeling ?

Her future was almost certainly going to be the wife of the Premier of NSW, and then possibly even the wife of a future Prime Minister of Australia, (who knows), and now after a stupid evening, all that is lost to her !!

Jeez, if I did that to my wife, i'd be considering a permanent solution before I went home from the office too..
LOL

Even worse, she was almost certainly seen by the public as the wife of a well-respected man with dignity & character & now shes seen as the embarrassed & humiliated wife of a bloke whos a sexist male chauvanist.

I know which one I think is worse .

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.