Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Jobs / Wages thread - Part Two

Jobs / Wages thread - Part Two

Old Jan 6th 2009, 9:13 am
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jobs / Wages thread - Part Two

Originally Posted by Syedney
Hmmm...I am a Microsoft Certified Professional who is a IT architect and don't get that much...My salary is $92,000 with superannuation.

Suggest you get a new job, minimum for an IT Architect would be $120K+ and that is pretty much backed up by the Hays survey.

Certain companies are actually doing very well, HP, IBM etc. Ring around a few recruiters and see what they are offering.

http://seek.com.au/users/apply/index...JobID=14658144
Old Jan 9th 2009, 7:51 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sr71
Suggest you get a new job, minimum for an IT Architect would be $120K+ and that is pretty much backed up by the Hays survey.

Certain companies are actually doing very well, HP, IBM etc. Ring around a few recruiters and see what they are offering.

http://seek.com.au/users/apply/index...JobID=14658144
I would backup SR71 on this as well. If your earning less than $120k its either:
your getting ripped off big time
your job title does not reflect the actual work being performed
your company just cannot afford market rate

We recently completed some work for a health care provider in Melbourne and in regard getting an IT Architect (who was good) was hen's teeth.
Old Jan 10th 2009, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

Originally Posted by letusenjoy79
Hi,
I am an Environmental(Civil) Engineer in India with an experience of more than 15 years. Could anyone vaguely tell that how much salary could I expect, how much time will it take to find a regular job and city which is best suited for finding Job of Environmental Engineers.
Regards
Sanjay
Sanjay - have a look at www.hays.com.au/salary We're heading to Brisbane as my husband works primarily in building services engineering and it's a growth sector there.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 4:14 pm
BE Enthusiast

letusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really nice

Originally Posted by cookiestar
Sanjay - have a look at www.hays.com.au/salary We're heading to Brisbane as my husband works primarily in building services engineering and it's a growth sector there.
Thanks Cookiestar, However salary for mine occupation( Civil-Environment Engineer) is not listed at hays.com survey
Old Jan 11th 2009, 6:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

cookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to allcookiestar is a name known to all

Myabe have a google for Ambit Engineering then. I'm almost certain they have an average salary bit on their website.
Old Jan 11th 2009, 7:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Just a thought, Sanjay - but would you profession be classed as something else. My husband thought maybe your job might be quite closely related to what he does with new buildings? Have a look under construction/property?
Old Jan 17th 2009, 10:59 pm
Just Joined

tinkerbell2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hiya, thinking of moving to Perth and just wondered if anyone had any idea on how much a BMW mechanic might earn, and if there is much demand for the job thanks x
Old Jan 19th 2009, 6:33 am
Just Joined

klinpree is an unknown quantity at this point

I have 9 years in the mining industry as a Mechanical Fitter from living in England. I am now living in Thailand and would like some FIFO shutdown work. I can get to Perth easy from Thailand.
Does anybody know of any contractors that require Mechanical Fitters
Old Jan 20th 2009, 3:05 pm
Forum Regular

maund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to allmaund family is a name known to all

After some advice, me, my husband and two children are moving across in July, my husband has been searching for jobs and I was just wondering if they would even consider someone for a job who won't even be there for another 6 months?

I have been reading about lots of people who have job offers, how easy did they find it to get a job especially with the current economic turndown. Sorry if this is a bit of ramble I think I am having a stressful day, the thought of being homless and jobless in 6 months is getting to me.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 10:41 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by maund family
After some advice, me, my husband and two children are moving across in July, my husband has been searching for jobs and I was just wondering if they would even consider someone for a job who won't even be there for another 6 months?

I have been reading about lots of people who have job offers, how easy did they find it to get a job especially with the current economic turndown. Sorry if this is a bit of ramble I think I am having a stressful day, the thought of being homless and jobless in 6 months is getting to me.
Finding a job from overseas is usually incredibly difficult. It's obviously not impossible because people do manage to do it.

However in our experience it just didn't happen. Most of us have to go over without a job first. In the very least you'd likely have to put on your resume that you are arriving on such and such a date. But 6 months is probably a bit to far ahead even with that approach.

What is it that your husband does (I don't feel like reading back pages to find out). My husband was a mining engineer and at the time was very highly in demand and we still couldn't manage to line anything up. Some professions seem to have more success though.

Last edited by comet555; Jan 20th 2009 at 11:41 pm.
Old Jan 20th 2009, 11:31 pm
Just Joined

mallon is an unknown quantity at this point

hi i am goin to oz at the end of the summer and wanted to know if any body knows how much a floor finisher gets week/hour? thanks
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 10:54 am
Banned

superturbo is an unknown quantity at this point

wow thats good, how much salary in australia for a Graphic Designer / Web Designer / Web Developer / SEO / Online Marketing - self employed?
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 6:26 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mallon
hi i am goin to oz at the end of the summer and wanted to know if any body knows how much a floor finisher gets week/hour? thanks
From quotes I am getting for my floors around $35 to $38 per hour. (cash)
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 8:47 am
Forum Regular

CosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really niceCosmicBertie is just really nice

Hi. Im a Senior Unix Systems Administrator/Senior Systems Designer, does anyone know a ballpark figure as far as salary is concerned?

Also, is anyone on the look out for Unix Admins?
Old Jan 25th 2009, 1:42 pm
Forum Regular

indoirish is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi people..
I am a structural engineer with 6 years of experience(steel and RC building structures). I am chartered with engineers ireland and a member of engineers australia.
Whats the possibility of getting a job in australia. which part of australia would be the best option for me to move.. how much salary can i expect..
could anyone help me in this regard please..Thanx in advance..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.