Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Jobs / Wages thread - Part Two

Jobs / Wages thread - Part Two

Old Oct 9th 2008, 11:46 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Jobs / Wages thread - Part Two

Originally Posted by sonlymewalter
Just a tip:
It might be worth remembering not to reply to a long post like that one above but make refrence to it instead as it has taken up almost all of the page

Good luck with finding the info you need and a job
Yep, that's a bit annoying too.

Tips for doing that:

Tick the box that says "Quote message in reply?"
Then click the "Go Advanced button"

Then go in and delete all the extra crap that you don't need from the other persons post. Remember to leave the [/quote] symbols on the front and end of the message.
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 8:42 pm
Just Joined

kitch17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi I'm a Senior Civil / Structural Technician and my wife is a registered learning disabilities Nurse. Can anybody give any salary guides for these 2 jobs, also which cities would have the best opportunities.
Old Oct 28th 2008, 8:58 pm
Just Joined

martin1000 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,my son will be arriving on a working holiday in Sydney for 12mths.He hopes to get work as a carpenter within the television and film industry.He has 4yrs relevant experience within that industry and is qualified to NVQ level 3 in carpentry.Could someone please advise how his qualification stacks up(what is the aussie equivalent?)and what salary could he reasonably expect to earn.

thanks martin
Old Nov 1st 2008, 6:49 pm
Just Joined

kev fa scotland is an unknown quantity at this point

hi i am a merchant seaman with coxswains tickets but dont seem to be able to find sea jobs can eny help plees
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 11:33 am
Just Joined

Pootle_74 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all,
Not sure if anyone can help but I have been desperately trying to find out the salary package for RAMSAYs Graduate Programme.......?

Sadly the websites come up with nothing - apart from it being a very 'competitive' salary - hmmm not entirely helpful....

Am new to this forum so am trying to find an appropriate place to ask the question - if anyone can point me in the right direction i'd me mighty grateful!
Old Nov 2nd 2008, 3:20 pm
Just Joined

kev fa scotland is an unknown quantity at this point

can eny one out thair help i am a coxswain deck hand seeking to immagrate to australia but dont seem to be able to find meny jobs for seaman
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 8:38 am
Forum Regular

susanmj will become famous soon enoughsusanmj will become famous soon enough

wages seem to be ok
Old Nov 11th 2008, 11:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

sr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond reputesr71 has a reputation beyond repute

Just started on $150K including 9% super as an IT Architect.

Similar contract roles were $700-$850 a day, but given the economic climate I decided the permanent position was definitely the safer option than starting a 3 month contract.

If you work on the assumption that contracting is billing around 225 days a year, and that isn't including any time off in between contracts, then the gap between permanent and contract income is far less in Australia than it is in London.

The market is still fairly buoyant too, the company I am with has 4 similar positions advertised and can't get the roles filled.
Old Nov 12th 2008, 4:53 am
Forum Regular

emaus is an unknown quantity at this point

hello guys/gals,

Can anyone guess about Sales jobs in adelaide/cairns & comparison bet permanant & contract jobs wages? Please need a light on this....
Old Nov 13th 2008, 5:25 am
Just Joined

somaye is an unknown quantity at this point

I am architect and I have 5year experience in Iran. I 'd like to work international consultant .so I decide to work in Australia .can you help me?
please explain me about conditions of job in Australia.

thanks a lot
Old Dec 29th 2008, 6:15 pm
Forum Regular

brandane has a spectacular aura aboutbrandane has a spectacular aura aboutbrandane has a spectacular aura about

does anyone know wages for fully qualified accountant? thanks
Old Jan 1st 2009, 8:39 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by brandane
From $45k to $$$$

Depends on:
- Company
- Industry
- Position within company, value being offered too company
- Your Experience - relative to position and value to company
- Your commerical acumen
- Network & contacts
- Qualified in? ACA/CA CIMA ACCA CPA

Check out seek.com
Provide more info ie years experience - in what field, - size of companies, level of work exposure.

Also check out the specific accounting forum if the mods have not already moved this thread.
Old Jan 1st 2009, 9:23 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by brandane
Check out the Hays salary survey.
http://www.hays.com.au/salary/pdfs08...%20Finance.pdf

It's as close you're going to get in terms of guidelines. Seek would give you a better idea though as you'll notice some of the salary ranges are quite wide.
Old Jan 6th 2009, 4:54 am
BE Enthusiast

letusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really niceletusenjoy79 is just really nice

Hi,
I am an Environmental(Civil) Engineer in India with an experience of more than 15 years. Could anyone vaguely tell that how much salary could I expect, how much time will it take to find a regular job and city which is best suited for finding Job of Environmental Engineers.
Regards
Sanjay
Old Jan 6th 2009, 8:31 am
BE Enthusiast

Syedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond reputeSyedney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sr71
Just started on $150K including 9% super as an IT Architect.

Similar contract roles were $700-$850 a day, but given the economic climate I decided the permanent position was definitely the safer option than starting a 3 month contract.

If you work on the assumption that contracting is billing around 225 days a year, and that isn't including any time off in between contracts, then the gap between permanent and contract income is far less in Australia than it is in London.

The market is still fairly buoyant too, the company I am with has 4 similar positions advertised and can't get the roles filled.

Hmmm...I am a Microsoft Certified Professional who is a IT architect and don't get that much...My salary is $92,000 with superannuation.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.