Jobs in Telecom

Old Dec 11th 2003, 1:37 pm
Forum Regular

eferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud ofeferreira has much to be proud of
Default Jobs in Telecom

Hello everybody.
I am Electronics Engineer and I have been working in Telecommunication companies since 10 year ago, I am beginning the process to request a Australian Resident VISA and I hope I will emigrate to there on 2004-2005.
I know that since three year ago (with the .COM crash) the situation in IT and Telecom in not good worldwide in general. However I have also heard that this condition is turning a bit better lately.
I am just wandering how is the condition of the job market for Telecom in Oz.
A friend of mine who live is Sydney told me that right now it would be impossible for me to find a job related with Telecom.
Is that true?
Is the situation of Telecom still so bad there?
Thanks in advance.
Old Dec 11th 2003, 3:14 pm
Forum Regular

itsasecret is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Jobs in Telecom

Originally posted by eferreira
Hello everybody.
I am Electronics Engineer and I have been working in Telecommunication companies since 10 year ago, I am beginning the process to request a Australian Resident VISA and I hope I will emigrate to there on 2004-2005.
I know that since three year ago (with the .COM crash) the situation in IT and Telecom in not good worldwide in general. However I have also heard that this condition is turning a bit better lately.
I am just wandering how is the condition of the job market for Telecom in Oz.
A friend of mine who live is Sydney told me that right now it would be impossible for me to find a job related with Telecom.
Is that true?
Is the situation of Telecom still so bad there?
Thanks in advance.
Im in this field too.. its a not a good line to be in at the moment. Too much debt and cost cutting measures. You will have to check to see if your experience is ok before you apply to TRA and also check on your points system to see if you meet the requirements for emigration i.e Age/Experience/English Language etc...
Im not holding my much hope in getting a job in this field and i have 15 years experience, in fixed/GSM/Radio and Data communications.