Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

IT Jobs in Sydney & Melbourne?

IT Jobs in Sydney & Melbourne?

Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

MANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really niceMANDS14 is just really nice
Default IT Jobs in Sydney & Melbourne?

Hi all,

We have our visa's and are due to travel to Oz next week on a 4 week exploratory/holiday visit with a view to deciding when and where to emigrate to. OH is an IT Manager in UK and wondering if anyone knows of any good IT job agencies he could visit while we are there?
Current thoughts are Sydney or Melbourne but also considering Adelaide or Brisbane.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Sandy
Old Mar 16th 2008, 7:46 pm
Forum Regular

kiwihope is a jewel in the roughkiwihope is a jewel in the roughkiwihope is a jewel in the roughkiwihope is a jewel in the roughkiwihope is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: IT Jobs in Sydney & Melbourne?

place to start would be seek.com.au and yahoo jobs.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 8:01 pm
mmmmmm duff

MarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of lightMarkMC is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by MANDS14
OH is an IT Manager in UK and wondering if anyone knows of any good IT job agencies he could visit while we are there?
Sandy

We went on a visit to Sydney last month, I tried calling a few agencies, but they weren't too helpful. The best we got was, yes your CV looks good, but give us a call once you land permanently.

Best websites I found are seek as mentioned above and www.careerone.com.au

Good luck and have fun....
Old Mar 16th 2008, 8:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

joho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond reputejoho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkMC
Sandy

We went on a visit to Sydney last month, I tried calling a few agencies, but they weren't too helpful. The best we got was, yes your CV looks good, but give us a call once you land permanently.

Best websites I found are seek as mentioned above and www.careerone.com.au

Good luck and have fun....
In sydney the trick is to send off your CV to all jobs interested and tailor it to meet the requirements and dont expect any calls for at least 2-3 weeks they are notoriously slow. Of course if you have something of great impact you would do better. Hubby took 5 weeks to get a job when first moved here. Also be prepared not to get what you want first of all, go for a contract role to get yourself some money coming in then think of the rest after.

Jo
Old Mar 16th 2008, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

steve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the roughsteve_uk is a jewel in the rough

All those links are good - I'm in the same bost as you. CV is done but they are not interested until you are there and ready to work.

Good luck
Old Mar 16th 2008, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: London - but only until I can afford to move back to Sydney
isgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to beholdisgraham is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by joho
In sydney the trick is to send off your CV to all jobs interested and tailor it to meet the requirements and dont expect any calls for at least 2-3 weeks they are notoriously slow. Of course if you have something of great impact you would do better. Hubby took 5 weeks to get a job when first moved here. Also be prepared not to get what you want first of all, go for a contract role to get yourself some money coming in then think of the rest after.

Jo

I put my CV unchanged on seek and started getting calls the same day and got a job within a week. Whenever I have wanted to change jobs I have done the same. I would agree that you may have to take a lower level job when you first get over here but after you sit that out for a few months moving on is easy.