Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

The jobs in rural WA are just rediculous!!

The jobs in rural WA are just rediculous!!

Old Mar 17th 2006, 9:51 am
Banned

2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future
Default The jobs in rural WA are just rediculous!!

For those who are struggling in the citys!

I have been here for only 3 months - decided I didn`t like the job I was at. So have made mumurs that i`ll move.

Ive had over 13 companies ring me!!! I can`t belive it! I`m working in agriculture but Ive had job offers from local mines for $75000 and this is 4 days on 4 days off!

6.5 months off!

The labour market is just wierd here (only 2 hours nort of perth)

A mate went to an interview yesterday and it was a complete role reversal - the company had to sell the job to him!!

So if your in trouble for a bit of money - come out here!

JB
Old Mar 17th 2006, 9:59 am
Im a woomaaan

gobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond reputegobbyjock has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The jobs in rural WA are just rediculous!!

Originally Posted by 2foot

I have been here for only 3 months - decided I didn`t like the job I was at. So have made mumurs that i`ll move.

Ive had over 13 companies ring me!!! I can`t belive it! I`m working in agriculture but Ive had job offers from local mines for $75000 and this is 4 days on 4 days off!

6.5 months off!

A mate went to an interview yesterday and it was a complete role reversal - the company had to sell the job to him!!

JB
Whereabouts are looking at relocating to ?? Sounds like there are plenty of opportunities for you
Old Mar 17th 2006, 10:10 am
Banned

2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future2foot has a brilliant future

I like the area - its nice (a little quiet)

so i`m planning to stay here - 1 company have rung me 7 times!

you can name your price!

eventually i would like to go south and have a few creature comforts.

but for now I like it here - 2 hours to perth isn`t too far and $600/month for a new house in 30 acres is quite good i think!
Old Mar 17th 2006, 10:20 am
sel
~~~

sel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond reputesel has a reputation beyond repute

I like the area - its nice (a little quiet)

so i`m planning to stay here - 1 company have rung me 7 times!

you can name your price!

eventually i would like to go south and have a few creature comforts.

but for now I like it here - 2 hours to perth isn`t too far and $600/month for a new house in 30 acres is quite good i think!
Do they need IT people ? .... I like the idea of sending him down the mines especially for my horse dream

Which area (if you dont mind me asking) do you live to get a place at that price ??

Last edited by sel; Mar 17th 2006 at 11:40 am.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:37 am
Banned

Dandaragan.

Well I used to be in IT myself - and I struggle to imagine how IT could exist out here.

When you come over set your clock back 20 years!

But its good - I get UK sky news- I get broadband - but jobs in IT!!

You either make your own market (by being the only one in the area I guess)

or go to perth!

PS- I am a tractor driver! I know I'd be more satified as a web designer - i could definatly produce better adverts than they have here! But I think the aussies couldn`t care!!! They just wanna dig or sow and flog it to the chinese!
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:42 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Dandaragan.

PS- I am a tractor driver! I know I'd be more satified as a web designer - i could definatly produce better adverts than they have here! But I think the aussies couldn`t care!!! They just wanna dig or sow and flog it to the chinese!
Take care with that damn tractor - not unknown for tractor drivers to die if the thing rolls over :scared:
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:43 am
Banned

kiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond reputekiwichild has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kiwichild
Take care with that damn tractor - not unknown for tractor drivers to die if the thing rolls over :scared:
You need to be in sydney or melbourne if you want to seriously get into the advertising thing.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

kimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud ofkimi has much to be proud of

Dandaragan.

Well I used to be in IT myself - and I struggle to imagine how IT could exist out here.

But its good - I get UK sky news- I get broadband - but jobs in IT!!

You either make your own market (by being the only one in the area I guess)

or go to perth!

Hi

got to ask, how did you change jobs from IT to Tractor driver, what I mean is how did you got about getting the first job up there to start with??

K
Old Mar 20th 2006, 4:38 pm
Hibees Hibees

gary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nicegary stewart is just really nice

6.5 months off!

JB
How did you find out about the job in the first place ?
gaz
Old Mar 20th 2006, 5:24 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: The jobs in rural WA are just rediculous!!

Dandaragan.

Yeah, because ADSL2 is just so "20 years ago"...

Oh, and our largest trading partner is actually Japan, to which we send twice as many exports as we do to China.

Last edited by Vash the Stampede; Mar 20th 2006 at 5:30 pm.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 6:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Ozzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond reputeOzzidoc has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
Oh, and our largest trading partner is actually Japan, to which we send twice as many exports as we do to China.
source pls Vash...... am curious
Old Mar 20th 2006, 6:17 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Vash the Stampede]Yeah, because ADSL2 is just so "20 years ago"...

QUOTE]

I hate that rolleye icon, it's so damn patronising.

The idea for ADSL was spawned by Joe Leichleder in 1987, he was a Bellcore researcher and the first idea for it was analog to digital conversion at the subscriber end of an advanced transmission technology over a twisted pair copper line. ADSL was designed to provide megabit access for interactive video (video on demand, video games, delayed TV segments.

The roots of ADSL is 19 years old
Old Mar 20th 2006, 6:18 pm
Fighting my corner

Vash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond reputeVash the Stampede has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The jobs in rural WA are just rediculous!!

Originally Posted by Ozzidoc
source pls Vash...... am curious
The CIA told me!

Thus:

Exports - partners:

Japan 18.7%, China 9.2%, US 8.1%, South Korea 7.8%, New Zealand 7.4%, India 4.6%, UK 4.2% (2004)
Source.

Old Mar 20th 2006, 6:19 pm
Fighting my corner

Smile Re: The jobs in rural WA are just rediculous!!

Originally Posted by russmcp
The roots of ADSL is 19 years old
Actually, since ADSL relies on a phone line, you could say that its roots go back to Alexander Graham Bell.

Which would make it even older.
Old Mar 20th 2006, 6:21 pm
A horse walks into a bar.

russmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond reputerussmcp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Vash the Stampede
But ADSL2 itself is not.
but without ADSL, we'd would not have ADSL2, now what icon can I use now?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.