Jobs in Perth

Old Aug 30th 2005, 9:26 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jobs in Perth

Not that I am hiring, but need sub contractors for

Brickpavers

Bobcat Drivers

Gardeners

Cabinet Makers

and a bag of money, thanks
Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:44 am

Siren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond reputeSiren & Brian has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jobs in Perth

*bump*

Siren
Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:49 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Siren & Brian
Gardeners
You'l be lucky - unless it's pure lawnmowing no one is interested, we've called loads of so called gardeners from the phone book to come and do weeding, nothing.

Oh, wait a minute someone sent around their 8 year old daughter.

Good luck anyway
Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:53 am
Happy Member

kris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond reputekris maynard has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=renth]You'l be lucky - unless it's pure lawnmowing no one is interested, we've called loads of so called gardeners from the phone book to come and do weeding, nothing.

Could it be that new brits in Oz are too scared of being attacked by all the nasty creepy crawlies :scared:

Kris x
Old Aug 31st 2005, 7:54 am
(It's not my real name)

renth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond reputerenth has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=kris maynard]
Originally Posted by renth
You'l be lucky - unless it's pure lawnmowing no one is interested, we've called loads of so called gardeners from the phone book to come and do weeding, nothing.

Could it be that new brits in Oz are too scared of being attacked by all the nasty creepy crawlies :scared:

Kris x
It's usually new Brits doing the lawnmowing.
Old Aug 31st 2005, 8:08 am

bridiej is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by renth

Oh, wait a minute someone sent around their 8 year old daughter.

Good luck anyway

perhaps there's a gap in the market here - Malc used to work with a landscape gardener and is a mean weeder...!
Old Aug 31st 2005, 8:10 am
(It's not my real name)

Originally Posted by bridiej
perhaps there's a gap in the market here - Malc used to work with a landscape gardener and is a mean weeder...!
I'd say there probably was.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 3:56 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute

Just thought I would revive this old thread...

We were having a difficult time getting a gardener to come in to mow our lawn and trim the hedges recently. When the weather is nice, after getting a bit of rainfall, everything, I mean everything, in the garden starts growing wild. Because ADL and I have been busy with the new house and getting things ready for Coffee Bean's arrival, we had left the garden go wild.

After lots of phone calls we were able to get quotes from only 2 gardeners. We ended up having to hire both, one last Sunday for 6 hours and one this past Tuesday for 7 hours.

I was just thinking about many POMs who are planning on coming over to Oz and who haven't secured jobs yet. If you are physically fit and aren't allergic to plants, perhaps that may be something you can consider doing to help pay the bills.

The first gardener, an Australian, originally from Sydney, charged a fixed fee $400 for the work - cut all the hedges, mowed the lawns, and took the green waste away. The second one, a POM who was formerly a high flyer in finance in Hong Kong, charged us $40/hour + $70 for dumping the rubbish - tidies up the hedges further from the first gardener, weeded, mulched the planted areas, and cleared all the paths.

The job doesn't require any licenses although you will need to get your ABN set up and invest in some high quality equipment (new or second hand). It's helpful if you are already doing some gardening back home but if you're determined, I'm sure you can do it.

Don't expect to be paid the same rate as these gardeners we've just used though - you've gotta gain some experience first at a lower rate. I personally would pay $20/hour to anyone who's got no experience but willing to do the work - it's tough sweating in the sun.

Just some random thoughts.

Mrs JTL
Old Nov 18th 2005, 7:25 am
Breeding little aussies

movetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond reputemovetoperth has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry to jump in here, but we have just been asked today to help find experienced Town Planners, it's possible that sponsorship may be available for suitable candidates.

PM me for more info.

Lynn
Old Nov 18th 2005, 7:44 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

This is something that I will be looking into upon our arrival in Perth!

I am one of those strange people that actually enjoys a bit of weeding, mowing and strimming and aint afraid of a bit of heat or hard graft!

Being the type of person that has always wanted to work for himself and work outside at the same time, this seems perfect and it is good to know that there appears to be a bit of a gap in the market.

I guess with Perth growing all the time and new houses going up left right and centre (or is that center) there will probably be a far greater demand for this kind of service than the current service providers can deal with!

Right, anyone got a ute, trailer and mower for sale?

Originally Posted by JackTheLad
Just thought I would revive this old thread...

We were having a difficult time getting a gardener to come in to mow our lawn and trim the hedges recently. When the weather is nice, after getting a bit of rainfall, everything, I mean everything, in the garden starts growing wild. Because ADL and I have been busy with the new house and getting things ready for Coffee Bean's arrival, we had left the garden go wild.

After lots of phone calls we were able to get quotes from only 2 gardeners. We ended up having to hire both, one last Sunday for 6 hours and one this past Tuesday for 7 hours.

I was just thinking about many POMs who are planning on coming over to Oz and who haven't secured jobs yet. If you are physically fit and aren't allergic to plants, perhaps that may be something you can consider doing to help pay the bills.

The first gardener, an Australian, originally from Sydney, charged a fixed fee $400 for the work - cut all the hedges, mowed the lawns, and took the green waste away. The second one, a POM who was formerly a high flyer in finance in Hong Kong, charged us $40/hour + $70 for dumping the rubbish - tidies up the hedges further from the first gardener, weeded, mulched the planted areas, and cleared all the paths.

The job doesn't require any licenses although you will need to get your ABN set up and invest in some high quality equipment (new or second hand). It's helpful if you are already doing some gardening back home but if you're determined, I'm sure you can do it.

Don't expect to be paid the same rate as these gardeners we've just used though - you've gotta gain some experience first at a lower rate. I personally would pay $20/hour to anyone who's got no experience but willing to do the work - it's tough sweating in the sun.

Just some random thoughts.

Mrs JTL
Old Nov 18th 2005, 8:22 am
Forum Regular

claire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant future

This is something that my hubby had been thinking about doing, because we are coming over on a student visa he is only allowed to work 20 hours per week and thought he may find it difficult to find part time work doing the same sort of thing he is doing now (fork lift driver/warehouse), but thought with gardening that there may be more opportunities to go part time.
Claire
Old Nov 18th 2005, 8:29 am
Account Closed

ROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really niceROBnCAZ is just really nice

Originally Posted by claire33
This is something that my hubby had been thinking about doing, because we are coming over on a student visa he is only allowed to work 20 hours per week and thought he may find it difficult to find part time work doing the same sort of thing he is doing now (fork lift driver/warehouse), but thought with gardening that there may be more opportunities to go part time.
Claire

Yep! I guess that if you're just 'odd-jobbing' for yourself, you can work as much or as little as you like and when you like!

If my 'empire' ever gets off the ground, he can come and do my weeding for me for 20 hours a week!

Old Nov 18th 2005, 9:26 am
Account Closed

suzy is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ROBnCAZ
This is something that I will be looking into upon our arrival in Perth!

I am one of those strange people that actually enjoys a bit of weeding, mowing and strimming and aint afraid of a bit of heat or hard graft!

Being the type of person that has always wanted to work for himself and work outside at the same time, this seems perfect and it is good to know that there appears to be a bit of a gap in the market.

I guess with Perth growing all the time and new houses going up left right and centre (or is that center) there will probably be a far greater demand for this kind of service than the current service providers can deal with!

Right, anyone got a ute, trailer and mower for sale?

If you do set up to do gardening make sure you let us know on this site. My friends in Perth were moaning like F*** because they couldn't find anyone to landscape their garden. Their neighbours needed someone too. That was back in April. I know they've just someone to start in Feb now but 10 months is a long time to wait.
Old Nov 18th 2005, 9:28 am
Forum Regular

claire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant futureclaire33 has a brilliant future

Think your gardening empire will be up and running in no time, will send hubby round
Old Nov 18th 2005, 9:33 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by suzy
If you do set up to do gardening make sure you let us know on this site. My friends in Perth were moaning like F*** because they couldn't find anyone to landscape their garden. Their neighbours needed someone too. That was back in April. I know they've just someone to start in Feb now but 10 months is a long time to wait.
Suzy,

Just been having a butchers on the net now.....it would seem that, according to 'the lawn mowers association of WA' (WTF?) that their is a serious glut of people happy to mow your lawn for you and looking at the businesses for sale, it would seem they all liek to work a 3 day week and earn $50K PA!!!

I did a similar search for gardeners, you know, the people that are actually willing to bend down, get up a sweat and WORK for a living...what did i find? Zilch!!

I am now seriously looking into the pros and cons of starting something like this. It has always been one of those 'back burner' ideas but is really starting to take shape now!

Looks like Ive got my first 2 customers already!!

I wouldnt be coming into it totally wet behind the ears though, worked in landscaping just long enough to know a fork form a spade, a while back. Plus C's parents garden comes in at a nice compact one and three quarter acres of woodland(!) and I spend most of my time controlling that!!

Right must dash...........I have a green empire to build

Last edited by ROBnCAZ; Nov 18th 2005 at 9:36 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.