Reload this Page >

IT Jobs in Perth

IT Jobs in Perth

Old Oct 13th 2003, 4:05 am
Just Joined

bell_a_ring is an unknown quantity at this point
Default IT Jobs in Perth

Hello,

I am new on this forum. Can anybody tell me what the IT jobs look like in Perth? How long do you have to hunt for a job before you get one?

How about good neighborhood where I can buy a house, but not too expensive, in Perth? My budget should be around 180K-220K?

Thanks.
Billy
Old Oct 13th 2003, 4:27 am
owieb

Default Re: IT Jobs in Perth

Originally posted by bell_a_ring
Hello,

I am new on this forum. Can anybody tell me what the IT jobs look like in Perth? How long do you have to hunt for a job before you get one?

How about good neighborhood where I can buy a house, but not too expensive, in Perth? My budget should be around 180K-220K?

Thanks.
Billy
IT market is pretty poor in Perth at the moment, do a search of this forum and you'll see many posts on the subject.

How long it will take you depends on what field you are in and what your skills are like.

For houses checkout www.reiwa.com.au as a starter, depending on how far you want to live from the CBD and/or the coast will determine what you'll get for your budget.

As a guide, house prices in Perth have gone up 25% in some areas in the past 12 months so it's getting very expensive to get into the market.

Old Oct 13th 2003, 6:10 am
Forum Regular

ozvideo is an unknown quantity at this point

Can't go wrong living in the Northern suburbs.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 6:19 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

There was a well qualified person still hunting after 12 months on the forum. IT in OZ is very quiet. Lots of people being laid off at a fater rate than those being taken on. You have to have contacts. My only contact came good.

Good luck but be prepared for a long job search.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 6:27 am
owieb

Originally posted by ozvideo
Can't go wrong living in the Northern suburbs.
There's plenty of bad suburbs north of the river, you still have to be careful and with a limited budget there isn't a great choice.

Old Oct 13th 2003, 6:28 am

Default Re: IT Jobs in Perth

Originally posted by bell_a_ring
Hello,

Thanks.
Billy
Oz is no longer the land of IT jobs and cheap housing.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 6:32 am
Forum Regular

Depends where you are coming from!

They are selling 'rat holes' in the village where I came from in the UK for 100,000 pounds.

Convert that to Aus Dollars and you will get a nice little home in Perth, with big gardens etc,
Old Oct 13th 2003, 6:45 am

That is half a 1 bedroom apartment round here.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 6:46 am
owieb

Originally posted by bondipom
That is half a 1 bedroom apartment round here.

Old Oct 13th 2003, 9:11 am
BE Enthusiast

lynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant futurelynnj has a brilliant future

Why is everyone so obsessed with north of the river, is south so bad or do people just try to make it sound that way?

Lynn
Old Oct 13th 2003, 9:28 am
owieb

Originally posted by lynnj
Why is everyone so obsessed with north of the river, is south so bad or do people just try to make it sound that way?

Lynn
I didn't go south because the public transport into the CBD isn't as good link wise, within a 10kms radius of the CBD is pretty expensive, the south coastal areas are a lot more industrial than the northern suburbs.

Old Oct 13th 2003, 9:53 am
Forum Regular

Because it is better than Bondi
Old Oct 13th 2003, 10:23 am

Originally posted by ozvideo
Because it is better than Bondi
What is that an answer to?

Please do a search on Bondi is Crap and check out the thread starter. Please spread the message.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 11:42 am
Dutch expat/Aus citizen

Simone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond reputeSimone has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lynnj

Lynn
Have no idea.

I'm probably headed south, would like to be a bit close to Fremantle, have got friends there, and like it. But not in Freo, it's too expensive I think, but will see when we get there!
My idea was between the river and freo. We'll see.
Old Oct 13th 2003, 8:39 pm
Forum Regular

Watch you don't fall in - Freo is on the river!:scared:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.