Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

jobs in oz before your visa?

jobs in oz before your visa?

Old Mar 15th 2004, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

itsasecret is an unknown quantity at this point
Default jobs in oz before your visa?

I was looking at seek.com and noticed a load of jobs that i would suit to the ground..However im still waiting for my "request for medicals and police checks" (should come next month,, applied for visa AUG 03.)

Whats my options? is it worth me applying for these jobs without a visa? could i get to australia earlier if i have job offer?

Thanks for your advice..
Old Mar 15th 2004, 6:27 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all
Default Re: jobs in oz before your visa?

Probably couldn't get there any earlier but if you got an offer you can always send a copy of a contract to ASPC and you never know. My Husband got a job offer dependant on the visa being issued and when it was hey presto job to go to. He saw his via seek too as an electronics engineer.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 6:40 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond reputeMikeStanton has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by itsasecret
I was looking at seek.com and noticed a load of jobs that i would suit to the ground..However im still waiting for my "request for medicals and police checks" (should come next month,, applied for visa AUG 03.)

Whats my options? is it worth me applying for these jobs without a visa? could i get to australia earlier if i have job offer?

Thanks for your advice..
I wouldn't risk it.

If you apply through the automated version of seek, it normally asks you if you are allowed to work in Oz (ie you have residency). Of course, you caould say 'yes'. But, if you lie about that (albeit a white lie) to prospective employers, they may believe your CV ain't 100% honest.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 7:34 pm
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

To add to earlier Rob found the job on seek and other sites and then rang the advertisers direct, told them the situation i.e. awaiting visa etc and they kept in touch until the visa was issued and then sent kob contract.
Old Mar 15th 2004, 8:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: UK 2 Oz, Oz 2 UK, Been there, done that, got the tee-shirt!
scrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nicescrawni is just really nice

I sent off c.v's to Seek on behalf of my husband. They in turn sent it on to a company and they then offered hubbie a job. We had not had the medical/police check request but they still offered him the job.

Mandy