Jobs list

Old Jan 4th 2007, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

pumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond reputepumpkin blossom has a reputation beyond repute
Default Jobs list

Hi all,

can anyone tell me how often jobs are added or removed from the list of occupations Oz wants?
I was offered a job a month or so ago, but immigration wouldn't let them sponsor me as they said the job didn't quite fit the job catagory (although they had told them before they interviewed me that it did). As it was for maternity cover they didn't have time to readvertise it so that it would fit.

I am applying for other jobs (I was aksed to apply for the last one, just after asking for some info).
There are two catagories which what I do could be fitted into, but one states that a degree is needed, which I don't have. Although I do have vocational training. I understand if you are being sponsored for a 457 visa they are not so worried about the qualifications as they are for pr, but is that hoping for a bit too much?

I'm just trying to work out after my last experiance, which would be the better catagory to go for. The degree one is most accurate, but as I say, no degree.

Also, does anyone know what an industry must do to get a job added to the list? I am told that people in my job are like gold dust in Oz, but how do they let the governent know that so they can decide if my job is needed, and get them to recognise the qualifications from the UK (which I'm told are suposed to be the best in the world for my work)?

I'm only 27 so I have a while yet to get sponsored. If a long term plan of, get my job specifically on the list, is an option I would like to give it a go.

Any advie would be great.