Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Jobs in the Insurance Industry?

Jobs in the Insurance Industry?

Old Jan 22nd 2009, 10:13 am
Forum Regular

frizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nice
Default Jobs in the Insurance Industry?

Hi all,

I am heading to Sydney in October/November and wont be looking for a work until the market picks up in the New Year.

However I was wondering if anyone is looking or found jobs in the Insurance industry and how the market is looking at the moment?

I worked as a Key Account Manager for a large Insurance company in the UK within Personal Lines insurance for 19 years, basically my role was managing relationships between the insurance company and the client, delivering projects, increasing profit etc etc.

Any feedback as to how easy/hard getting jobs in this industry would be or any additional qualifications I might need, would be appreciated.

Do you have unemployment insurance in Oz? Just curious as this is one of the product areas I look after in the UK - you can imagine I am pretty busy at the mo!

Thanks

Frizz x
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 10:15 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jobs in the Insurance Industry?

Originally Posted by frizzy1

Do you have unemployment insurance in Oz? Just curious as this is one of the product areas I look after in the UK - you can imagine I am pretty busy at the mo!
You would be here as well.
Old Jan 23rd 2009, 11:49 am
Forum Regular

frizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nicefrizzy1 is just really nice
Default Re: Jobs in the Insurance Industry?

Originally Posted by Grayling
You would be here as well.
Well maybe there is an opportunity then for unemployment insurance! Hey if we can do it and still make a profit in the UK, then no reason why we couldnt do the same in Oz?

Seriously though, would love to hear from anyone else who was in the insurance industry in the UK and whether they have found similar jobs in Oz.

Thanks x

Thanks