jobs..help!!!

Old Nov 11th 2009, 6:54 pm
Just Joined

puresilver is an unknown quantity at this point
Default jobs..help!!!

hello,im tearing my hair out looking for work in oz,does anyone know of an original website where i can find work,ive been plastering in the uk for 15 years and wanted to work in oz for over 6 months now,ive looked on many websites and they are saying they are in high demand but everytime i email them i have know reply,so if anyone out there know`s the score can you help me out:frusty::frusty::

thanks

lee
Old Nov 11th 2009, 8:57 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: jobs..help!!!

If you're still in the UK you'll find it incredibly difficult to get anyone to look at you. I would suggest you start calling employers rather than just emailing.

Also... do you have a visa? Finding someone to sponsor you makes things far more difficult, not many people manage to do that.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 9:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by comet555
If you're still in the UK you'll find it incredibly difficult to get anyone to look at you. I would suggest you start calling employers rather than just emailing.

Also... do you have a visa? Finding someone to sponsor you makes things far more difficult, not many people manage to do that.
thanks comet for the reply
ive been calling aswell as emailing,i dont want to get a visa yet because ide like to get more info about whats going on in oz or is it just gossip if you know what i mean,ive been living in thailand for the last 5 years and all i heard over there is how much work there is in oz,but now im back in the uk ive looked everywhere on the net, and i just put it down to getting work over there is by word of mouth
Old Nov 11th 2009, 9:57 pm
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

That might well be. But it's really difficult to even understand how easy/hard it would be a try if you're only using your experience to get a job while still in the UK. Hopefully you'll get some local knowledge to help you out. You will have to give more information though. Finding a nursing job would be far easier than say finding a job in banking. So you'll have to at least mention what sort of job you're looking for.

Before we came over my husband trying to find a job in mining engineering while still in Canada. We applied for a visa on our own and still no one was the slightest bit interested in him until we arrived in the country. His job was highly in demand and yet not a lick of interest. Once we bit the bullet and went to Oz he was offerred 2-3 jobs in the first couple of weeks. This was back in early 2007 though so I'm sure it would have been easier then.

The moral is though that without a visa and being overseas you're unlikely to get any interest. There might be lots of jobs but they're going to go to people in Australia first because they're local and they don't need to be sponsored, relocated, etc.
Old Nov 11th 2009, 10:11 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by comet555
That might well be. But it's really difficult to even understand how easy/hard it would be a try if you're only using your experience to get a job while still in the UK. Hopefully you'll get some local knowledge to help you out. You will have to give more information though. Finding a nursing job would be far easier than say finding a job in banking. So you'll have to at least mention what sort of job you're looking for.

Before we came over my husband trying to find a job in mining engineering while still in Canada. We applied for a visa on our own and still no one was the slightest bit interested in him until we arrived in the country. His job was highly in demand and yet not a lick of interest. Once we bit the bullet and went to Oz he was offerred 2-3 jobs in the first couple of weeks. This was back in early 2007 though so I'm sure it would have been easier then.

The moral is though that without a visa and being overseas you're unlikely to get any interest. There might be lots of jobs but they're going to go to people in Australia first because they're local and they don't need to be sponsored, relocated, etc.
thanks alot comet for your time,i think im just going to jump on a plain it sounds easier,and have a holiday to see what its about,i cant wait to get out of the chuffing uk...lol
Old Nov 11th 2009, 10:15 pm
Canuck/Aussie

That's essentially what we did. When we left Canada we knew we were sick of living in the town we were so we sold the house and put all of our stuff in storage. We planned to go over for 1 month and job hunt and see what happened. We had return tickets but my husband found a job so we just pushed back the date of our return flight for our first holiday back.

So it worked for us. Once we found a job we stayed and sorted everything out. The difference for us is that we already had a visa so once we arrived we could work anywhere we liked without restrictions.

You'll probably get a more honest reply out of employers but on the other hand you still don't have a visa so you'd need to be sponsored and the employer would have to wait for the visa to come through. I would do a bit more searching on this site to find out more info before trying that route.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 12:34 am
Still alive

Dorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond reputeDorothy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by puresilver
thanks alot comet for your time,i think im just going to jump on a plain it sounds easier,and have a holiday to see what its about,i cant wait to get out of the chuffing uk...lol
What visa do you plan to do that on? You cannot work on a tourist visa and a skilled visa takes a long time to obtain.

Take a look at www.immi.gov.au for what you might be eligible for.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 12:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Kingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to beholdKingseat is a splendid one to behold

My husband applied and telephoned lots (he's wall and floor tiling) and got nothing. It took him going out and around any building site he could see and talk to the site manager. Eventually (after 3 months) someone gave him a try as a brickie's labourer which eventually had a knock-on effect and a tiling company picked him up but only after he prove himself.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 1:17 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy
What visa do you plan to do that on? You cannot work on a tourist visa and a skilled visa takes a long time to obtain.

hi dorothy,im sorry but i said im going on a holiday to check it out not work,and thanks for that website,i looked at it but i think i need some sleep because there is some reading to do on it..lol

thanks

lee
Old Nov 12th 2009, 1:34 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Dorothy

so cant i just come on holiday to check it out???
Old Nov 12th 2009, 1:38 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Kingseat
My husband applied and telephoned lots (he's wall and floor tiling) and got nothing. It took him going out and around any building site he could see and talk to the site manager. Eventually (after 3 months) someone gave him a try as a brickie's labourer which eventually had a knock-on effect and a tiling company picked him up but only after he prove himself.
cheers kingseat,but im just coming on holiday first and see how it goes...
Old Nov 12th 2009, 1:50 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

hello,im tearing my hair out looking for work in oz,does anyone know of an original website where i can find work,ive been plastering in the uk for 15 years and wanted to work in oz for over 6 months now,ive looked on many websites and they are saying they are in high demand but everytime i email them i have know reply,so if anyone out there know`s the score can you help me out:frusty::frusty::

thanks

lee
come on mate,this is the building game not some IT multinational.Most plasterers over here dont do emails as it involves less time taking recreational drugs,sort out the working visa thing ,walk round a few sites and show your face,and you might get a start.
Old Nov 12th 2009, 1:57 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Catch
come on mate,this is the building game not some IT multinational.Most plasterers over here dont do emails as it involves less time taking recreational drugs,sort out the working visa thing ,walk round a few sites and show your face,and you might get a start.
i will when i get there...lovely lad!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 12th 2009, 2:17 am
Account Closed

Catch is an unknown quantity at this point

i will when i get there...lovely lad!!!!!!!!!
I aim to please
Old Nov 12th 2009, 3:06 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Out of interest, how choosy is the building game about visas ? Is it possible to rock up here on a 3 month visit visa and get some work - or is everyone scrupulous about checking ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.