Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

jobs for hairdresser?

jobs for hairdresser?

Old Jan 15th 2009, 4:13 pm
Just Joined

gaz4 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default jobs for hairdresser?

we are planning on goin to oz in june or it's very possible it could be before that, just wondered if anyone knows if theres still lots of work available and easy to find for hairdressers? is there anywhere in particular that would be best to go to?

thanks
Old Jan 15th 2009, 8:34 pm
ASHO

ASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really niceASHO is just really nice
Default Re: jobs for hairdresser?

My wife is in WA and has been told it is the only state where you have to do a written test shes not very happy about it
Old Jan 15th 2009, 9:25 pm
Gone Walkabout

aussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really niceaussiedreamz is just really nice

Hi, You need to be more specific about where in Oz you are going? My wife took a month to find work here in Queensland (Sunshine Coast) and even now it's only casual work so could get the boot anyday. I can only speak for this area only, it may be different in other parts of the country.... also be prepared for a serious drop in wages compared to the UK, people don't give tips here either.
Old Jan 16th 2009, 5:31 am
Just Joined

CraigSarahGeorge is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by gaz4
we are planning on goin to oz in june or it's very possible it could be before that, just wondered if anyone knows if theres still lots of work available and easy to find for hairdressers? is there anywhere in particular that would be best to go to?

thanks
Come to North queensland. I have lived here 18months now and only just would a decent barber. She has her own shop in Bowen and flat out, she has been advertising with no success of 6 months, the same goes for Townsville
Old Jan 16th 2009, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

gaz4 is an unknown quantity at this point

we are thinkin either western oz or queensland somewhere. we know the money wont be as good but its something we really want to do and try a new experience so def going to. want to go somewhere where the weathers good aswell, im a bricklayer so is there much work anywhere for me? any more info or views appreciated. thanks for replys.