Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Jobs for the Girls??

Jobs for the Girls??

Old Apr 12th 2006, 9:05 am
Just Joined

scottietoohotty is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jobs for the Girls??

We've decided to take the plunge and move lock stock to Cairns!! Well really my job dictated where we would be placed, but from what we can gather cairns is good . Albeit not as big and Cosmopolitan (???) as the likes of Sydney or Brisbane; but as we come from Newcastle upon Tyne we like things a little more compact. Our only concern is that my good lady Amanda may find it hard to find a decent job. She has a fashion design degree and currently manages a department in a v posh furniture store (spot the connection if you can ). We are a little concerned as to what cairns has to offer in these fields (i.e. fashion design, interior design, etc....) as most of what is available online tends to be aimed at tourists. I know we are possibly better waiting till we hit Cairns and then looking, however any useful links or advice (Bix???) would be greatly appreciated. Thanking you in advance. Scott