Jobs on De Facto Visa >>>

Wikiposts

Jobs on De Facto Visa >>>

Old May 24th 2003, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

anthonykirby is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jobs on De Facto Visa >>>

Hi guys

Can I gain 'permanent' employment on a de facto visa during the 2year temp visa bit,

Also

How do they decide whether or not you gonna get PR after the 2 yrs?

Is it just a case of keep your nose clean, get a job and be a good lad/lass OR is there a 'special way'......

Any help appreciated chaps/chapesses

Anth
Old May 26th 2003, 6:22 pm
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I was told by one of the "professionals" on the site - I think it was Alan - that there are no work restrictions on a prospective marriage visa, and I would guess de facto has the same rules.

Pollyana
Old May 26th 2003, 7:51 pm
Go the BNE Roar

TrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond reputeTrickyTree has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jobs on De Facto Visa >>>

Hi Anthony

I heard there were no restrictions on getting a permanent job on the 2 year temp visa.
But, theres always a but, actually getting a job on your temp visa can prove quite difficult in reality.

Cheers

Originally posted by anthonykirby
Hi guys

Can I gain 'permanent' employment on a de facto visa during the 2year temp visa bit,

Also

How do they decide whether or not you gonna get PR after the 2 yrs?

Is it just a case of keep your nose clean, get a job and be a good lad/lass OR is there a 'special way'......

Any help appreciated chaps/chapesses

Anth
Old May 26th 2003, 11:42 pm
A Male Member

PeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud ofPeteY has much to be proud of

What about with a spouse visa?

Does anyone know if its possible to apply for jobs that state "applicants must have permenant residential status"?

Most jobs say this, it seems a bit daft to make it difficult to work for the first 2 years you get there....
Old May 27th 2003, 3:18 am
Home and Happy

Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

I'm told that even though the ads may ask for a permanent visa, they MIGHT take you on with certain temp visas - spouse visa category being one of them. The thing to remember is that you must be up-front, tell them the class/subclass of visa you have, and ask if they are willing to make an exception.
I think it then depends partly on what sort of job you did in the UK - for instance, all government jobs are supposed to be only for perm residents, but exceptions have apparently been made for people who did similar jobs in the UK.
The question they are wanting to know is whether they are employing someone who is not likely to get PR, and therefore will have to give the job up when their visa ends.

Another route in to a job that says PR only is to go through the temping agencies - government/council jobs are often filled by 'temps' on long (and renewal) temporary contracts. Because they are temp jobs they are not so insistent on PR.

Pollyana
Old May 27th 2003, 3:22 am
home again, home again

janeyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud ofjaneyray has much to be proud of

Originally posted by PeteY
What about with a spouse visa?

Does anyone know if its possible to apply for jobs that state "applicants must have permenant residential status"?

Most jobs say this, it seems a bit daft to make it difficult to work for the first 2 years you get there....
Coming out here on a 'spouse visa' is a permanenet residency visa ( sub class 100) which means you can get work as you are classed as a permanent resident.

You have to live in Australia for two years before you can get Australian Citizenship.

A spouse visa is not a temp 2 year visa, if you are applying for a spouse visa it is a permament residency visa that allows you to travel in and out of Australia freely for up to 5 years, after this time you then have to apply for a 'return to Australia visa' if you haven't got your Australian nationality by this time.

Hope this helps? I know this is correct because this is how my husband got here!
Old May 27th 2003, 6:25 pm
Home and Happy

Thanks Janey - my own problem is that I have to start on a fiance visa (subclass 300) and work up to a spouse visa, so for the first 4 months, (and then for as long as it takes them to process the 2nd part of the paperwork), I'm actually on a temp visa. Can't afford to be jobless for that long!
Bit of a chicken & egg situation - the jobs I'm qualified for want the permanent visa, but the only way I can afford to stay long enough to get the visa is by working!
Sure it'll work out in the end though(she said with her fingers firmly crossed!)

Pollyana