Reload this Page >

Jobs in Australia

Jobs in Australia

Old Jul 25th 2012, 3:39 pm
Just Joined

Claudioaus is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jobs in Australia

Hi,

I’ve been granted the Partner Visa so I’m entitled to work full time in Australia. I’m still thinking whether I should move to Sydney or Melbourne. I have a good job in Marketing in London (UK) and I would like to know your opinion as to how easy/difficult can be to find a job over there. I’m 31 years old and I have extensive experience in Marketing. I’m currently working full time and I receive job offers from time to time. However, the scenario might be completely different in Australia. The Australian market is much smaller than the UK one so how long could I take to find a job? Also, are the Australian firms ok to employ foreign people with experience?

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Clau
Old Jul 25th 2012, 4:02 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jobs in Australia

I am not in your field, but am going ot take a stab that it would be about as easy to get a role in Sydney or Melbourne as it is in London. Yes the number of opportunities would be lesser, but then so are the number of people working in the field. I think you are right to focus on Sydney or Melbourne.

Good luck.
Old Jul 26th 2012, 2:52 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Claudioaus
Hi,

I’ve been granted the Partner Visa so I’m entitled to work full time in Australia. I’m still thinking whether I should move to Sydney or Melbourne. I have a good job in Marketing in London (UK) and I would like to know your opinion as to how easy/difficult can be to find a job over there. I’m 31 years old and I have extensive experience in Marketing. I’m currently working full time and I receive job offers from time to time. However, the scenario might be completely different in Australia. The Australian market is much smaller than the UK one so how long could I take to find a job? Also, are the Australian firms ok to employ foreign people with experience?

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
Clau
What field is your partner in and are their skills portable? That might have some bearing on where you end up too!
Old Jul 26th 2012, 9:41 am
Forum Regular

MAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to allMAR001 is a name known to all

I think that it may be better to ask about the industry than the field as such. It may not be the same to talk about marketing in retail than in the banking industry.