Jobs

Old Feb 24th 2017, 8:49 pm
Just Joined

Rab46 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jobs

I am a 51 year old Scottish guy who is looking for some information.
I work in the Aircraft maintenance sector I hold a American FAA Airframe and Powerplant License and I want to know if anybody out there have been sponsored by a company to take up a position in Australia please let me know if this has happened to anybody.
Old Feb 25th 2017, 12:38 am
Home and Happy

Location: Keep true friends and puppets close, trust no-one else...
Pollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond reputePollyana has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jobs

Originally Posted by Rab46
I am a 51 year old Scottish guy who is looking for some information.
I work in the Aircraft maintenance sector I hold a American FAA Airframe and Powerplant License and I want to know if anybody out there have been sponsored by a company to take up a position in Australia please let me know if this has happened to anybody.
Unfortunately your age is likely to be against you. The best you would get, assuming your actual role is in demand on the CSOL, would be a 4 year 457 visa. Is your trade actually on the list?
Old Feb 25th 2017, 5:28 am
BE Forum Addict

verystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond reputeverystormy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Jobs

It would be hard as I know two aircraft maintanance people who have had to leave Oz in the last year due to lack of work.

Even if you did, you could only get a 457 visa which would allow you to go for up to 4 years. While some (not all by any stretch) are later sponsored for permanent visas by their employer, you would have a major complication being aged over 50. Part of which is salary. To be sponsored for PR aged over 50, you must have worked for the employer for 4 years on a 457 and have earned the minimum income threshold, which is currently about $132,000