Jobs

Old Oct 7th 2009, 4:36 pm
Just Joined

cjmarrs10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Lightbulb Jobs

Sorry if this in the wrong section.

I am a bricklayer wondering about moving to Oz. I have spent the last year travelling the world ,and spent 3 months in OZ.And know i don't really want to come back to life in the UK.
I am wondering what the state of play is for construction jobs at the moment on the east coast preferably. Just after knowledge at the moment any would be appreciated.
Old Oct 7th 2009, 11:32 pm
Forum Regular

easty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Jobs

If you had asked me six months ago I would of said it is grim! At the moment things have picked up a bit because the government plowed money in to infrastructure such as schools and hospitals etc.... However my point is things change fast and depending when you come back here things could be a whole new ball game again. When are you planning on getting here?
Old Oct 7th 2009, 11:33 pm
Forum Regular

easty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant futureeasty1976 has a brilliant future

Sorry forgot to add I am in Sydney; not sure of any other places.
Old Oct 8th 2009, 12:25 am
Canuck/Aussie

comet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of lightcomet555 is a glorious beacon of light

Do you have a visa to work in Oz?
Old Oct 8th 2009, 2:37 pm
Just Joined

cjmarrs10 is an unknown quantity at this point

No i don't have a visa. Thinking of giving the Uk and mainly my girlfriend to January to change and if not heading out as soon as i can.

My girlfriend is a nurse as well which would of made things a lot easier if she was willing to come.

It's good to know things have picked up their as they seem to be getting worse here ( well for me anywards).

Can anyone give me a rough idea of the pay at the moment just a rough one will do.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 2:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by cjmarrs10
No i don't have a visa. Thinking of giving the Uk and mainly my girlfriend to January to change and if not heading out as soon as i can.

My girlfriend is a nurse as well which would of made things a lot easier if she was willing to come.

It's good to know things have picked up their as they seem to be getting worse here ( well for me anywards).

Can anyone give me a rough idea of the pay at the moment just a rough one will do.
You will earn anywhere between $240-$280 per day ABN(self-employed) and working on wages you will take home roughly $860 flat week or $1050 for working half day on saturday. Hope this helps. As I said previous it could all be different come January though. Good luck.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 6:27 am
Bitter and twisted

Grayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond reputeGrayling has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cjmarrs10
No i don't have a visa.

that is irrelevant if you can't get a visa.
Old Oct 9th 2009, 6:30 am
BE Enthusiast

rocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to beholdrocket01 is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Grayling
that is irrelevant if you can't get a visa.
but no harm in asking anyway.