Jobs - :)

Old May 12th 2006, 12:29 pm
Forum Regular

coffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud ofcoffeebean has much to be proud of
Default Jobs - :)

How quick did you get your first job in Australia - what was it doing ???
thankyou
Old May 12th 2006, 12:33 pm
Forum Regular

derf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nice
Default Re: Jobs - :)

Sat back for 6 months doing nothing, just enjoying the sunshine coast life. Then caught myself watching Oprah.. So took a job fixing PC's. Since then I bought a franchise and am now working 12-16 hours a day in Townsville fixing PC's

You just got to love the ability of teanagers to screw up pc's
Old May 12th 2006, 12:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by coffeebean
thankyou
Adam managed to secure a job before leaving the UK in the pre-press graphics side of printing. Then got sacked after 6 weeks when the boss found out he was job hunting. Then got offered two jobs within 2 days of leaving - one paying $10K more than the original one I say he should get sacked again for another rise
Old May 12th 2006, 12:39 pm
Running on the spot.

rugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to beholdrugbymad is a splendid one to behold

yo the Crows!
So how is it compared to sunny Bristol then??
Old May 12th 2006, 12:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

The Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond reputeThe Crow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymad
yo the Crows!
Hi Ian!!

It's still a bit surreal at the moment! We'll be doing a 2 month in update soon - with all the details. We've certainly been very busy and had a bit of stress, but also great times. In a rental in Aspendale Gardens at the moment - but trying to buy a house in The Basin (that after I said I would go nowhere near 'leafy suburbs' cause of my 8 legged foes :scared Funny how we thought we'd buy by the coast and now are heading for the hills - still you never know till you take a good look around. Amelia starts kinder/pre school on Monday - so that's good. Adam is happy in his new job and getting the odd game of soccer. Missing real ale and local pubs!!
How are things with you?
-------------------
SORRY TO HIJACK THREAD!!
Old May 12th 2006, 12:50 pm
What's happening dudes?

wmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond reputewmoore has a reputation beyond repute

thankyou
Got here, had a month off, started looking for work and actually started work within 2 or 3 weeks I'm a Systems Engineer.
Old May 12th 2006, 1:01 pm
Australia's Doorman

Hutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond reputeHutch has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derf
Sat back for 6 months doing nothing, just enjoying the sunshine coast life. Then caught myself watching Oprah.. So took a job fixing PC's. Since then I bought a franchise and am now working 12-16 hours a day in Townsville fixing PC's

You just got to love the ability of teanagers to screw up pc's
Just curious - did you have any 'fixing PCs' experience that got you the job? Which franchise did you buy into?
Old May 12th 2006, 1:47 pm
Forum Regular

derf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nicederf is just really nice

Originally Posted by Hutch
Just curious - did you have any 'fixing PCs' experience that got you the job? Which franchise did you buy into?
Yes lots of building high volume pc's for IBM.... And I am your Nerds Down Under in Townsville
Old May 12th 2006, 1:55 pm
cheeky tart

The A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond reputeThe A Team has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by derf
Yes lots of building high volume pc's for IBM.... And I am your Nerds Down Under in Townsville
Oh well we'll probably be in touch soon then We're heading for Townsville next month............ and have a lad with a PC
Old May 12th 2006, 2:04 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by The A Team
Oh well we'll probably be in touch soon then We're heading for Townsville next month............ and have a lad with a PC
You will hear our ads on the radio, and watch out for an old Nissan Patrol and Ford Laser covered in Nerds logos running about town.

If you ask Vera (The wife/ the boss) you may even negotiate a discount. Though as I saw here looking at 500k houses on the net i think your chances may be slim.
Old May 12th 2006, 2:09 pm
NorthLakes, Brissy

wargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond reputewargod has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymad
yo the Crows!
welcome back - how's yer holiday?
Old May 13th 2006, 4:56 am
Just Joined

chippie..ste is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Jobs - :)

thankyou

5 days .................joiner!