British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   Jobs (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/jobs-310231/)

flumper Jun 24th 2005 8:28 am

Jobs

We got great news yesterday - we were both offered permanent jobs within hours of each other and they're the first jobs we both applied for - pretty chuffed. :)

Reckon we deserve a bit of luck after our car being smashed up 3 weeks ago when a truck ran into the back of us. Still not got the car back yet.

We both start on Monday so the honeymoon period is definitely over!! :rolleyes:

zx10r_aus Jun 24th 2005 9:07 am

Re: Jobs

Originally Posted by flumper
We got great news yesterday - we were both offered permanent jobs within hours of each other and they're the first jobs we both applied for - pretty chuffed. :)

Reckon we deserve a bit of luck after our car being smashed up 3 weeks ago when a truck ran into the back of us. Still not got the car back yet.

Great news for both of you..Sorry to hear about your car, I hope you didn't suffer from too many injuries. Good luck with your new jobs.
Jim

flumper Jun 24th 2005 9:23 am

Originally Posted by zx10r_aus
Great news for both of you..Sorry to hear about your car, I hope you didn't suffer from too many injuries. Good luck with your new jobs.
Jim

Hi Jim

Thanks Jim. I see you are in sunny Glasgow? We lived in the outskirts until two months ago, now enjoying the Sunshine Coast? What makes you want to leave and come back to "Oz" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:.We're ok just a few bumps and bruises. :)

Anne4Terry Jun 24th 2005 9:27 am

Congratulations. Sending you some good luck job karma. Pleased for you :)
Anne

Dreamaway 10 Jun 24th 2005 9:28 am

Congratulations.Karma sent.

zx10r_aus Jun 24th 2005 9:47 am

Hi Jim

Thanks Jim. I see you are in sunny Glasgow? We lived in the outskirts until two months ago, now enjoying the Sunshine Coast? What makes you want to leave and come back to "Oz" :rolleyes: :rolleyes:.We're ok just a few bumps and bruises. :)

Hey flumper,
I'm Australian girl friend is Scottish, she's a little fed up with Glasgow. So she wants to see what Australia's like and as she says you only live once so she may as well make the most of it.
Jim