Job Worries

Old May 22nd 2003, 7:04 am
Just Joined

rido is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Job Worries

I am thinking of immigrating to Aus, into the ACT area. My biggest worry is being able to get a suitable job in this area. I have 6 years experience of operating and maintaining at power stations. Does anyone who of anything happening in the area that may sound suitable? My core skill is as an electrician, but I am getting more into the computer control side of things.
If anyone could please point me in the right direction for getting some contacts, I would be greatly appreciative.

Last edited by rido; May 22nd 2003 at 7:32 am.
Old May 22nd 2003, 7:10 am
Banned

pommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond reputepommie bastard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Job Worries

Originally posted by rido
I am thinking of immigrating to Aus, into the ACT area. My biggest worry is being able to get a suitable job in this area. I have 6 years experience of operating and maintaining at power stations. Does anyone who of anything happening in the area that may sound suitable? My core skill is as an electrician, but I am getting more into the computer control side of things.
If anyone could please point me in the right direction for getting some contacts, I would greatly appreciative.
Try WA most plants here are still coal fired backward bastards , but the mines are starting to use Gas turbines , its 2 on and 2 off
Easy to get set on and well paid compared to many jobs here.

Old May 22nd 2003, 7:18 am
Banned

Megalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant futureMegalania has a brilliant future
Default Re: Job Worries

Originally posted by rido
If anyone could please point me in the right direction for getting some contacts, I would greatly appreciative.
Only product of the ACT is clean hot air and nicely treated sewage. Rest is buildings related or defense/gubbment.