Reload this Page >

Job Situation in WA (Perth)

Job Situation in WA (Perth)

Old Jul 9th 2009, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

cool_archie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Job Situation in WA (Perth)

Hello Everybody,

I will be moving to Perth next month and would like to know what is the job situation in Perth right now in regard to IT.

Is the job outlook good and improving for the IT Sector, I am an IT Professional (Infrastructure).

Please reply.

Regards,
Old Jul 15th 2009, 6:27 am
Forum Regular

Question Re: Job Situation in WA (Perth)

Hello,

Nobody is from Perth here?
Old Jul 15th 2009, 7:19 am
Just Joined

HelenChris is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Job Situation in WA (Perth)

Hey have you found a place to live, we are vacating our rental in Iluka, $920 a fortnight, we vacate on the 31st July if you are intrested, 4 bed + study good family size, 0423848173
Old Jul 15th 2009, 7:51 am
BE Forum Addict

hoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond reputehoofie2002 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cool_archie
Hello Everybody,

I will be moving to Perth next month and would like to know what is the job situation in Perth right now in regard to IT.

Is the job outlook good and improving for the IT Sector, I am an IT Professional (Infrastructure).

Please reply.

Regards,
You need be more specific that 'IT Professional {Infrastructure}' - networks/voice/vm ???

Some places are hiring, some not - but companies can pick and choose who they want at the moment and a lot of the dross has been removed.
Old Jul 15th 2009, 9:55 am
BE Enthusiast

dave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond reputedave99 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi, regarding the IT situation in perth I have been looking for about 6months and just got offered a position this week. So be prepared to wait quiet a long time.

Being an immigrent, wether your from england or anywhere else seems to mean you dont get offered interviews or considered for a lot of positions at all. Although thats obviously only my personal experience. If the IT Manager recruiting is from somewhere else himself then you have a chance at the position. Otherwise I think a lot of australian bosses prefer having australians working for them so they dont tend to offer interviews or even reply to the application.
The two jobs I have had here have both been under south african managers with a mix of scotish / english and australians in the departments. So really its luck of the draw when you apply as to if you will even be considered.

But again this is just my own experience
Old Jul 17th 2009, 6:24 am
Forum Regular

Smile Re: Job Situation in WA (Perth)

Hi dave99,

Thanks for your reply.

Which field of IT are you in (Software / Hardware / Networking)

I am into Virtualization (VMware VCP VI3) also I have about 14 yrs of exp. with Network / Win Server Administration and also with a bit of RH Ent. Linux.

Regards,