Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Job Seekers - benefits advise from UK?

Job Seekers - benefits advise from UK?

Old Oct 28th 2009, 12:03 am
ljj
BE Enthusiast

ljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of lightljj is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Job Seekers - benefits advise from UK?

Originally Posted by slick1977
Is there any way that maybe we, might be distant relatives?.
Funny!
Old Oct 28th 2009, 1:17 am
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ljj
Does anyone know the ins and outs for people who are on benefits in the UK?

My 21 year old (sparky) nephew has been out of work since June and unfortunately on benefits since this time.
We would like to treat him to flights out here to Oz for 3-4 weeks (departing UK before the end of Oct) as we have lived here 6 years and he has never been.

Poor lad has brought himself up with no parents from the age of 16 so needs to still pay rent and bills (in UK) while he was here.

Is he able to still get rent assistance etc if he was to come here? I know he can barely afford food at the moment so thought this may be a good thing for him to come to us as one extra mouth to feed won't impact us as a family of 4.

Anyone work in this field that can offer us info?

Thanks in anticipation
LJJ

He could be attending a course to help him obtain work
Old Oct 28th 2009, 2:54 am
Forum Regular

oldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really niceoldandbold is just really nice

Glad I could help. Wished my daughter had asked me before she left the uk for a visit - she left it until she returned and got in a right pickle and ended up having to pay the rent when she returned to the UK.