Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

Job process question

Job process question

Old Sep 27th 2009, 5:29 pm
Forum Regular

al_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud ofal_and_lucy has much to be proud of
Question Job process question

When following up a job application in Australia, is it normal process to send a quick email, or a phone call ?

Al
Old Sep 27th 2009, 6:09 pm
can't lose the tie

mecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to allmecheng is a name known to all
Default Re: Job process question

Originally Posted by al_and_lucy
When following up a job application in Australia, is it normal process to send a quick email, or a phone call ?

Al
I think it all depends how long it has been since submitting your application. Depending on the industry, a great many companies are taking their sweet time in the recruitment process. I have waited in the past for well over 2 months and it can be quite annoying to say the least but you have no other choice really. If you have waited a few months then I see no harm in dropping an email. I don't think it matters in what country you are applying. I wish you the best.